• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vasorn, The World Under Dragonfire - Calling all players!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, as it seems we're looking at ECL 9 or so with the races that people want to play, I'm bumping up the level from 8 to 11. That gives you 33,000gp to play with and another 33,000gp for me to play with!

Velenne

Explorer
Isida, do you happen to own the Draconomicon? There's a Dragonkin in there that would serve about the same purpose as my half-dragon ogre (or at least the same visual I was going for) which is total ECL 9. IIRC they're also presented in the Monsters of Faerun but there may have been changes.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ok, as it seems we're looking at ECL 9 or so with the races that people want to play, I'm bumping up the level from 8 to 11. That gives you 33,000gp to play with and another 33,000gp for me to play with!
Sweet!! Is my bugbear half-dragon idea okay then? :)

Oh yeah and is this 3.0 or 3.5? :)

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
I have a few different concepts lined up but I need to check if any of the following exist since it may decide for me which one: Eldritch Knight, Spellsword, Bladesinger, Mystic Theurge or Loremaster

I'm thinking of playing a Male drow, either a fighter/mage type or a Druid/Wizard/Mystic Theurge, I also have another backup concept.

Edit - Oh and does the Dragonslayer from the Draconomicon exist? I can email you the details if you don't have the book.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmm... The mystic theurge makes me twitch mightily, but for the Underdark people it would exist. Most people don't have a lot of time to spend making healing potions, so someone that can heal themselves as well as offer firepower is a much better asset than a more powerful wizard that has to be healed by another.

The Loremaster, not so much as generally people don't spend much time just doing research. So, no loremaster.

Eldritch Knight would exist, and would be a favorite class of male drow. Most drow females train as clerics then take the Disaffected PrC to try to regain what power they had under Lolth.

Spellsword would also exist.

Also, if anyone's interested, if you want to use psionics, go ahead. I use the alternate psionic combat from Mindscapes and the alternate rules from If Thoughts Could Kill.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yeah, e-mail me the Dragonslayer if you want me to look it over. Needless to say the Foe Hunter (focused on dragons), the Heartseeker and Vengeance Sworn (from Dragon #296), and probably this Dragonslayer are all very popular PrCs with Underdark and Underwave rebels. Well, with all rebels but usually only the Underdark people have the means to train whole legions of them.

Also, if anyone wants additional information any additional stuff (be specific), please post here or at the WotC boards. I hope to have the Laws of Vasorn up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads