• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vasorn, The World Under Dragonfire - Calling all players!

Velenne

Explorer
Count me in if there's still room. I like these:

<quote>PCs are dragon-employed monster hunters

PCs are dragons or half-dragons

PCs are Underdark rebels</quote>

...in that order of preference. Perhaps there might even be a way meld them. The Gladiator theme also piques my interest but mostly because of my love for gladatorial history. :D

The setup you listed above works for me. I have no ideas for a character concept just yet but I've always had a soft-spot for fighters so you can probably count on that at least.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Very interested as well. The storyline and ideas sound amazing.

I'd be happy to play in whatever was decided (or to be an alternate), if you'll have me.

Personally, if we go the resistance route, I'd be interested in something of an idea I came up with for the story - sort of an outcast half-dragon. Someone who has compassion for the 'lesser' races and was working with the resistance until he got outed.

Keia

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
If you're interested in that kind of scenario, I have a possibility. Some of you could be workers or supervisors (at 8th level you're about as high as you can go as a non-dragon) in the dwarven and gnome mines, and some of you might be human workers in the village below that provides food to the mines above. Someone might even be one of the halfling traders that coordinates between the two places.

The rest of you would be members of the Underdark resistance. They do a cagebreak in order to get the rest of the party out (along with some others, of course). The former slaves have the insider information about the dragon operations. The freedom fighters have the training and the equipment. Together you guys can strike back at the dragons.

I like that idea a lot. I'm going to be putting up a svirfneblin Cagebreaker-in-training as soon as possible; if we don't decide to go that route, I can just recycle him for another game.

Velenne

Explorer
I have two concepts now. Which would you all prefer?

1.) Mossaka - Half-Dragon Half-ogre Barbarian. He's outcasted for being incredibly naive and somewhat schizo. Normally he's very child-like in demeanor but randomly innocuous things throw him into fits. (The half-ogre is the race presented in Savage Species and dragonlance)

2.) Durlp - Gnome Wererat Ranger. Easily one of the most hideous creatures to ever lay eyes on, he stays in the shadows and plots various means of survival through deception and cunning. His appearance makes him an abomination to dragons who literally can't bear to look at such ugliness. The Complete Warrior presents a ranger variant that doesn't cast spells which I think would work well. I don't have it here with me but I can you details later if you like this concept.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, I just have one problem with Mossaka. A half-ogre half human combined with a half dragon is too many halves. Just take a normal ogre and throw on the half-dragon template. Oh and the half-dragon template I'm putting at a +4 ECL. Just as a note. Hmmm... what's the ECL for an ogre anyway? 2? 3? 5?

I kinda like the idea of Mossaka. No dragon is entirely an outcast (species solidarity and all that), but he might have been assigned somewhere where he could do little harm... like say being a slave supervisor at a minor mine...

Or perhaps he's a "scout," or "border guard," i.e. he's basically free to wander around on the fringe and wreak havoc on any non-dragon.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
rangerjohn said:
What happens with the classes like the paladin and the ranger?
I know Isida covered this but if I can make a suggestion there is a magicless ranger in the Complete Warrior. Would that work better, Isida? :)

Is their any desire to play then enforcers? (I know I know day late and a dollar short but I thought I would throw it out there anyways.)

Also their are only two half to a person... ;)

ECL for an ogre is 6 (4 Racial HD and +2 Level Adjustment) (source Savage Species) and a half dragon template and your looking at ECL of 9.

Any objection to may Bugbear half-dragon? :D (3 Racial HD +1 Level Adjustment) (source Savage Species) and a half dragon template and your looking at ECL of 7.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
I like that idea a lot. I'm going to be putting up a svirfneblin Cagebreaker-in-training as soon as possible; if we don't decide to go that route, I can just recycle him for another game.
I'll go for an elven bard, enslaved by a dragon and kept as a "pet" for four hundred years. He escaped to the underdark a few years ago.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Grim "Shadowman" Daergal
Svirfneblin 3/Rog3/Ill2

Str 6
Dex 18 (20)
Con 12
Int 18 (20)
Wis 12
Cha 6

Melee

Feats: Spell Focus: Illusion, Greater Spell Focus: Illusion, Weapon Finesse

Skills: 72 from Rogue, 12 from Illusionist.

Decipher Script 7 ranks +12
Disable Device 9 ranks +21
Escape Artists 9 ranks +14
Hide 9 ranks +20 (+2 race, +4 size)
Knowledge: Arcana 6 ranks +11
Listen 9 ranks +10
Move Silently 9 ranks +14
Open Locks 9 ranks +21
Sleight of Hand 2 ranks +7
Spellcraft 6 ranks +11
Spot 9 ranks +10

EQ: Gloves of Dexterity +2, Headband of Intellect +2, Master's picks (Masterwork thief's tools which also add a +5 competence bonus to Disable Device and Open Locks), MW small light crossbow, small rapier.

Background and wish list up after O-Chem lab.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, the Rogue's Gallery is up. Please put your wish list at the bottom of your character sheet. Remember to put full breakdowns for everything (stats, AC, saves, attacks, skills, etc.) as well as prices for everything.

Rogue's Gallery

The character example is obviously not a character from Vasorn (she's from the Forgotten Realms), but I need everyone to do their character sheets in the format presented.

Remove ads