• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vile] Maiden of Pain's Redemption

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"One of our paladins uncovered one of their churches. He was a bit too enthusiastic in his duties to rid the city of them. His enthusiasm clouded his meticulousness, and one escaped. He found his family flayed alive," Orshallan says flatly, his eyes elsewhere for the moment. "It pains me to speak of it even now. I'm sure that was a holy prayer to Loviatar, but I cannot condone such visciousness."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Unfettered/Bondblade)

* Loviana watches his distant eyes worry and shame in her own. *

“I’m sorry it happened to him, I hadn’t heard of one of Heironeous paladins finding a church… but sadly it’s not that uncommon of a story, I’m sorry that you saw that my love and I’m shocked you would ever allow yourself to love me…”

* As her worried becomes more dominant she runs her hand over his naked chest. *

“Orshallan, my dear… Are you sure you want to love me? Loviatar knows no mercy, and I fear for you and your family,,. I can go and simply accept my fate, saying that I finally told you who I was and that you rejected me… My love of you will shield the truth through the pain.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"You are not the one that did that crime, and for whatever you have done in the past, I am certain whatever you do in the future will balance them. I have learned to look at each person individually, instead of condemming a people as a whole. My family is well protected, and I can protect myself as well. I think you should have more than just 'accepting your fate.' I think you should have the opportunity to try different fates," Orshallan says thoughtfully.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* A thin smile of understanding graces Loviana’s face. *

“I understand my love, though I never served Loviatar in that way, I was “simply” her whore, the pain I caused was rarely fatal and often desired and longed for… The suffering was nothing more than broken families and faith… Which lead to the opportunity to try a different fate.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Indeed. I can no longer fault the logic of any faith, even those at violent odds to my own, though the results often lead to tragic consequences," Orshallan sighs and sits up. "Oftentime broken faith can have a very... vigorous outcome, whichever way it goes. It seems the converts of one religion often make the strongest devotees of another."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* An amused playful grin crosses Loviana’s features and though her words she light hearted they carry admiration for her love as she moves slightly, allowing Orshallan to adjust and sit up. *

“Are you suggesting you have plans for my broken faith my love?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Orshallan arches an eyebrow and gives a half-smile.*

"Perhaps... perhaps indeed. Though most of it will be up to you. Come and rest my love, we have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* Her own smile mimics that of her love but it turns seductive at the mention of rest. *

“You’re not the only one with plans, my love, and we will both rest better afterwards… Besides I still owe you a certain type of payment…”

* Seductive and playful, Loviana’s full lips seek out those of Orshallan’s as her experience hands gentle pushes against his shoulders suggesting for him to lay back and enjoy her passionate love. *

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The two lovers can enjoy each other into the night, though Orshallan awakes at first light. He brings Loviana some fresh oatcakes and honey to break her fast as he finishes packing his last items. Strapping on his armor, he throws a cloak on over everything. Now he looks like nothing more than a well-off, religious traveler of some sort.*

"Come, my love. We must make haste if we're to get out of Andeluvay in good time. There is a mount waiting for you in the stables once you're ready."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* The morning finds Loviana tried and sleepy, though it was mainly the effect of the warm bed and the fact that she had stayed awake far longer than Orshallan had. *

~ The Previous Night ~

* When they had finished exhausting each other via lovemaking Loviana had giving Orshallan a tender kissed on the forehead as she slipped from the bed to quickly cleaned up. *

* When she returned a few short minutes latter it was no surprise that Orshallan was fast asleep, her success in the past had often depended on her ability to outlast mark and now it was simply second nature. *

* After watching her dearly loved sleep his peaceful sleep for a few minutes Loviana moves quietly and gracefully through his bedroom to his simple desk, where she takes out a single piece of parchment and quill. Her keen eyes allow her to see her words as she scribbles them quietly upon the parchment. *

* Her words and thoughts are intended for only one person, the only person she had loved before Orshallan, but it was a different type of love, the love one has for there mother and in Loviana’s case, not her true mother but Eloma, her former High Painmistress. *

Mother,

Eloma, I’ve always looked upon you, as a daughter should towards her mother, but I’ve never addressed you as one and I realize this is my last chance, I honestly hope that it brings you some comfort in your pending anger.

I know you will always be furious and disappointed with me, Mother. I truly wish I could change that, but I know you to well mother, its forever an impossibility now. It’s been an impossibility since that fateful day in the back alley where I was gored, grievously wounded and left for death.

I accepted death mother, I had miscalculated and Loviatar saw me punished for it, but I had already meet Orshallan and fate wasn’t done with me. I was found and brought before Orshallan who had already started to fall for me.

In his love for a stranger he found the strength to pray for a miracle. A miracle mother! I know that Loviatar grants them but I’ve never experienced one before… It was the strangest thing, my healed body was so imbued with holy power that I suffered from the strangest dreams, I dreamed of the afterlife, I dreamed of a light that warmed the body and the soul, of love, not of the act mother but of the emotion, and I dreamed of the love of a man.

I admit that I fell for him, that I love him deeply now and that I shall always love him, but I preformed as admirably as I could in my position. You see mother, while I was unconscious Orshallan realized I was not the simple girl I pretended to be, yet I was able to continue to distract him and finally he admitted his love but asked who I was.

I answered truthfully, though I’ve never nor will I give any of our secrets, and still he loved me! I’ve never felt so elated; we struggled with accepting each other and when I thought it would never work, I was so close to coming home mother, I truly was but I couldn’t accept failing you for nothing. I was so shocked when Orshallan chose me, and love, over his position of High Righteousness.

I wish you would you would look back upon me with love and pride, I didn’t fail mother, I have distracted Orshallan completely though it has cost me also… Simply put it has cost me the mother I have always known and though I have chosen Orshallan and love please do not think I love you any less.

I know of the mark mother, I hope it’s your love that allowed me escape with a simple warning for now… Though Loviatar has reclaimed her gifts from me, so there is nothing neither of us could do to protect me now. If, when as I doubt I can run forever, I am captured I shall ask for you mother.

I know you will make me cry from the pain you will so lovingly inflect upon me, but know that I will also cry in joy, for I will have returned to my mother who will loving make me cry till death takes me.

Forever your daughter,
Loviana

* Her letter done Loviana quickly seals it with wax and she seals it with her signet, a not so simple charm that she wears on her necklace and quietly joins her love in bed. *

~ Present Time ~
* With Orshallan’s good morning kiss Loviana reminds him how wonderful he was the last night before and then she quickly heads to apply her own disguise. It bothers her deeply, as she has no desire in her vanity to appear common but she dyes her hair blonde, the most common color due to Andeluvay northern position. *

* Pulling a simple gown out, Loviana quickly dresses as she looks upon Orshallan trying to judge her sudden change in appearance. With a quick kiss and loving smile she agrees as she places the letter in Orshallan’s confused hand.*

“I’m ready now my love, could you have this delivered tomorrow to the Explorer’s Torch, it’s a rowdy tavern, not really your cup of tea my dear but I feel obligated to say goodbye to someone important, I think of her as the mother I never knew…”

Last edited:

Remove ads