• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vote: The Best OD&D and B/ED&D Adventures!

What are the best OD&D and B/ED&D Adventures (pick all that are worthy)?

• Blackmoor, Supplement II: Temple of the Frog

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • JG: Lost Caverns of Thracia

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • JG: Tegel Manor

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • PG: The Lost Abbey of Calthonwey

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • B1 In Search of the Unknown

• B2 Keep on the Borderlands

Votes: 59 54.6%
  • B4 Lost City

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • B5 Horror on the Hill

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • B6 The Veiled Society

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • B7 Rahasia

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • B10 Night's Dark Terror

• X1 Isle of Dread

Votes: 48 44.4%
  • X2 Castle Amber

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • X4 Master of the Desert Nomads

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • X5 Temple of Death

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • X7: War Rafts of Kron

• X10 Red Arrow, Black Shield

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • XL1 Quest for the Heartstone

• DA1 Adventures in Blackmoor

• DA2 Temple of the Frog

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • DA3 City of the Gods

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • CM1 Test of the Warlords

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • CM3 Saber River

• CM4 Earthshaker!

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • CM9 Legacy of Blood

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • M3 Twilight Calling

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • M5 Talons of Night

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • IM1 Immortal Storm

• HWQ1 The Milenian Sceptre

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • There were no great OD&D and B/ED&D Adventures

• Other (speak up!)

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Poll closed .

MarauderX

Explorer
Akrasia said:
B10 -- Night's Dark Terror. Best. Module. Ever. An epic mini-campaign with some lovely Cthulhu flavour.

I like it so much that I will convert it to WFRP if I ever get a campaign of that going (interestingly, two of B10's authors also helped to create WFRP).

Absolutely. I switched it to 3.0/3.5 to start off my current campaign more than a year ago, which ended up being the 4th time I have run it. I had to make a full size copy of the first map since it was worn out through use and being toted around.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Voted Castle Amber, but as I was clicking send, I remembered how much I loved X3: Curse of Xanathon. One of the first adventures I ever played, and so different from most of those early adventures. Very freeform, and it had that "investigator" feel to it, as opposed to strict hack 'n slash. There was a bit of railroading involved, but nothing that couldn't easily be handled/covered up by a talented DM.

Wish I'd voted X3 now... :(

Brakkart

First Post
Well I voted for B4 The Lost City, because it starts as a dungeon crawl and then adds in politics, plots, a whole lot of mad people and a mini campaign once you get down into the city itself. And Zargon is such a cool villain.

Also voted for B10 Night's Dark Terror, which is more of a mini campaign than an adventure. Best module I've ever bought, even if I've yet to get to run it.

Shame I missed the nomination thread actually, cos I'd have added X8 Drums on Fire Mountain to the poll, which I've run twice now in basic D&D and also 3.0. The island of Teki-nura-ria is actually on the map of my homebrew world, such a great location.

I'd also have added HWA1-3 the Blood Brothers trilogy as well, as they served as a great introduction to the Hollow World, and a real "save the world" epic quest also.

Remove ads