• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
When it is suggested that the heros bind the goblins, Pendrake looks to his blooded sword with disappointment.

"Vee are cifilized, bane van kwaad, so ve vill not kill vithot nessecity." he says to his sword. Sheathing it, he then gets some rope and starts binding a goblin.

looking to sonage he says, "liken zis, ja?" a confidant smile is on his face when he prooudly shows his handy work.

dex +2, 0 ranks (1d20+2=8)

OOC: he he he, pendrake has no clue...no clue at all

Wik

First Post
OOC: I'm really just gonna rush past things. Odds are you guys could take the goblins, no problem.

Tying up the goblins takes up only a few minutes - they are all bound and gagged. A few wake up while you're tying the cords, but the four of you are able to quickly hold them down and gag them. Those that struggle too much get a konk on the head from Pendrake - who is more than eager to do it, I'd imagine!

There is a stairway that heads up near to the roof of the silo, that leads into what appears to be an open landing. You can't see into the room, since you're standing almost directly underneath it.

Scott DeWar

Wik said:
Those that struggle too much get a konk on the head from Pendrake - who is more than eager to do it, I'd imagine!

goede nacht mijn zoet deamonkind! KLONK!

translation:good night my sweet deamon child

in character:
Pendrake looks to the sneaky backstabbing types and indicating the platform above, has a 'what next?' expression on his face. he gently pats his longsword and grins with a brighteyed 'may I ?!' look next.

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Scott DeWar said:
goede nacht mijn zoet deamonkind! KLONK!

translation:good night my sweet deamon child

in character:
Pendrake looks to the sneaky backstabbing types and indicating the platform above, has a 'what next?' expression on his face. he gently pats his longsword and grins with a brighteyed 'may I ?!' look next.

With a smile Cepheus gestures toward the stairs...[color=dark orange]be my guest.[/color]

Cepheus will follow up the stairs attempting to hide=12, be quiet=7, and listen=14 for activity up top. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1377923

Wik

First Post
Cepheus and PEndrake make their way up the stairs, Pendrake first. As soon as he pops his head up above the stair line, he sees what is obviously an office of sorts, with a desk and a few shelves of booking - but the whole place is covered in thin cobwebs. There is a window that faces Orrussus, covered in grime, that lets in only a bare dagger of light through a long crack that bisects it.

Pendrake also sees that same goblin shaman woman he had seen before, as well as the goblin that you had interrogated only a few days earlier (in the alleyway encounter). Two other goblins duck behind a desk, trying to hold back a snarling goblin dog.

The shaman woman smiles at Pendrake, and prepares to cast a spell that is all too familiar...

OOC: Will save for Pendrake, then.

Corwyn

First Post
ooc Sorry about the delay was away this weekend.

Aiken hears the casting and starts cursing silently. He readies himself to run up stairs as soon he's able.

ooc Aiken will move up the stairs and then move to engage the shaman using Tumble (1d20+7=21) to avoid any AOO.

Once in position he'll attack.
Normal att. (1d20+4=5)
Unfortunately he's still a bit dizzy from his excellent tumbling and thus seeing double attacks the wrong figment.

Scott DeWar

Wik said:
Cepheus and PEndrake make their way up the stairs, Pendrake first. ...

Pendrake also sees that same goblin shaman woman he had seen before, as well as the goblin that you had interrogated only a few days earlier (in the alleyway encounter). ....
The shaman woman smiles at Pendrake, and prepares to cast a spell that is all too familiar...

OOC: Will save for Pendrake, then.
OOC: gerrr roar snarlerrrr grerrr rowlr!...that takes the place of fluent cursing.

IC:"Ah ... zere you are", he says to the shaman, "I hafe been lookink fur you demon vitch!"

Will Save:Will: abil mod: 0, base 0 (1d20=17)
Invisble castle must love me...for now...

Move action:move to her (sword already drawn)
standard action: whacking the witch
attack:long Sword att+6 dam 1d8+3 crit 19-20x2 type s (1d20+6=23, 1d8+3=4)

]ooc[ rats, missed a crit by 2!!!]/ooc[

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Cepheus is behind Pendrake, is there room for him to move and attack with crossbow?

Cepheus will signal the others to come up also.

Remove ads