• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E War of the Burning Sky (5E)

Sezarious

Explorer
Hi Superzero. Just checking in. I believe i'm back for all PBP now, was just wondering about my character submission, still interested. Kyrrie on post #17? I had also posted a suggestion about Kyrries father knowing Torrent's mentor? I assumed certain things about the backstory i understand may or may not work.

Also, if you're full, no worries, otherwise :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Steppengard's grandson? Yes, yes I can definitely work with that.
Although you could also consider one of the ruling nobles instead--Lord Gallo, Lady Timor, Lord Megadon, Lady Iz, Lord Rego, Lady Dene, or Lady Namin. I didn't list Lord Dashgoban as he's not human.

Regardless of your choice, you can add a handful of dirt to your equipment list for free.

Hey SuperZero!

I don't mind either way. I basically looked at the map in the players's guide and picked the lands accordingly. I'm not really familiar with the other noble families from conquered lands, but I'm open to your input, especially if it allows for plot hooks.

As for the handful of dirt, that's a superstition held my the masses. The nobility encourages such display of loyalty to the land and king, but it doesn't need to walk around with dirt in their boots ;-)

Cheers,

SG

SuperZero

First Post
Hi Superzero. Just checking in. I believe i'm back for all PBP now, was just wondering about my character submission, still interested. Kyrrie on post #17? I had also posted a suggestion about Kyrries father knowing Torrent's mentor? I assumed certain things about the backstory i understand may or may not work.
Mechanically:
I think you've spent two ability points too many. Reducing Charisma by one solves that without lowering his bonus.
You only get one free instrument proficiency for multiclassing bard.
Aaand you've actually only got two uses of Bardic Inspiration per day.

On the positive side, you haven't added the bonus from Dueling Fighting Style to his weapon damage.

Background:
Keep the name Tozae Korta. I might rename an NPC to that instead of the other way 'round.
And minor nitpick: "After all, in Torrents mind there is no such thing as a tough spellcaster." She is a spellcaster, as is her mentor; make that specifically "tough arcane spellcaster" and it works.

I don't mind either way. I basically looked at the map in the players's guide and picked the lands accordingly. I'm not really familiar with the other noble families from conquered lands, but I'm open to your input, especially if it allows for plot hooks.
If you want to name his Ragesian ancestor, go ahead and give them a name.
Those are the ruling nobles of Dassen. It's ruled by a council, so any one of them is almost as powerful as the king in addition to ruling their own land--they can overrule him if the majority of them disagree with him.

As for the handful of dirt, that's a superstition held my the masses. The nobility encourages such display of loyalty to the land and king, but it doesn't need to walk around with dirt in their boots ;-)

Well, it's not just a superstition. The Book of Eight Lands is a real artifact.
It might be specifically the idea that dirty books counts as "standing on Dasseni soil" that he dismisses, though.

Sezarious

Explorer
Ok, I think i've adjusted everything. Sorry about that. I think at the time, I may have changed from half elf to human variant to human, then back to human variant out of indecision. I got sloppy. Also, i actually prefer only having one instrument proficiancy as it fits the character better. Thanks for that.

Schmoe

Adventurer
[MENTION=6690219]SuperZero[/MENTION], I just saw that you are back. I personally haven't been back to ENWorld for a couple months either. This campaign is definitely one that I was excited about. I'd be willing to give it another go, if you could at least try to give us notice if life gets busy again and you need to put the game on hiatus. I think people are fairly understanding, myself included.

SuperZero

First Post
To the best of my ability, although I have had health issues in the past that have been somewhat unpredictable.

Anyway, you'll have to wait until I have access to my PHB before I look over your character sheet (tonight, but that might be late enough that I put it off until tomorrow), but Kincaid is otherwise good to go.

SuperZero

First Post
So I'll try to neaten this up when I've got my hands on my actual computer instead of a phone, but the first IC thread is now open.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
If you want to name his Ragesian ancestor, go ahead and give them a name.
Those are the ruling nobles of Dassen. It's ruled by a council, so any one of them is almost as powerful as the king in addition to ruling their own land--they can overrule him if the majority of them disagree with him.

Well, it's not just a superstition. The Book of Eight Lands is a real artifact.
It might be specifically the idea that dirty books counts as "standing on Dasseni soil" that he dismisses, though.

I've been going through the 3.5 player's guide for information about all of this, but but only found very summary descriptions of the kingdoms. Do you have a resource to recommend so I can learn more, without spoiling any plot elements?

As far as the Ragesian ancestor, lets call him Calastan the IV, and was Coaltongue's grandfather on his mother's (human) side.

I'm looking forward for this to start ;-)
Cheers,

SG

SuperZero

First Post
There is now a Rogues' Gallery thread. Please post your characters there. I'm going to use the first post to keep track of characters' current status/resources/conditions. It'll show current resources of PCs and known allies and expended resources of enemies since you don't necessarily know everything they have.
[MENTION=913]Schmoe[/MENTION]
Kincaid should only have 18 HP.
Religion bonus should be +6, as it's an Intelligence check by default.
Light hammer attack bonus should be +3 at melee or range (thrown melee weapons use their melee ability for ranged attacks, so you actually can't use Dex for it if you wanted to since it's not finesse). Both your weapons should only have +1 damage, though.
He seems to be shy a few languages. Human: Common and one of your choice; Sage: Two of your choice; Knowledge domain: Two of your choice. So you've got three more of your choice.
He's missing cantrips known. And you'll probably need your current prepared spell list, too--five spells, plus command and identify. You could afford the expensive spell component for identify if you want to have it.

I've been going through the 3.5 player's guide for information about all of this, but but only found very summary descriptions of the kingdoms. Do you have a resource to recommend so I can learn more, without spoiling any plot elements?

Just the blurb I put in the OP, really: Until recently, that nation was ruled by the most "worthy" member of eight noble families, one of which was a dwarf family. Currently, it has a king but is ruled by a council (the king's vote counts extra) of the ruling nobles, so the Dashgoban noble family still has as much power as any of the human ones.

I can answer any questions, though?

Remove ads