• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warforged and cursed items

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Sure, he can cut it off.. but the ring preserves the hand (well worforged aren't too worried here), but nothing can be attached in replacement, darn it...

The craftsmen can try and try, but the magic of the cursed item prevents replacement limbs from securing themselves...

Although perhaps the curse is lessened or ineffective as part of the disembodied hand... or takes on a life of it's own.....

Cursed items are cursed for a reason.

RottenFridge

First Post
I finally came up with a great solution that I want to share with you. I was on Facebook checking some stuff when I saw some random pictures of LOTR and it came to me:

The "user" of the ring doesn't want to wear it off. I mean, he actually can't, but he doesn't want to either. If any other character tries to convince him of removing it, he will get cranky. If someone tries to take it off by force, the cursed character will think they want to steal his ring and will react violently, even drawing his weapon.

This effect can only be dispelled if a remove curse is casted on the ring (which won't be easy taking into account that the character doesn't think he needs it, so he will be obliged to try to roll a ST as if the spell was hostile) or if the player goes in an antimagic field or something like that.

Hope you like it! Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I finally came up with a great solution that I want to share with you. I was on Facebook checking some stuff when I saw some random pictures of LOTR and it came to me:

The "user" of the ring doesn't want to wear it off. I mean, he actually can't, but he doesn't want to either. If any other character tries to convince him of removing it, he will get cranky. If someone tries to take it off by force, the cursed character will think they want to steal his ring and will react violently, even drawing his weapon.

This effect can only be dispelled if a remove curse is casted on the ring (which won't be easy taking into account that the character doesn't think he needs it, so he will be obliged to try to roll a ST as if the spell was hostile) or if the player goes in an antimagic field or something like that.

Hope you like it! Thank you very much for your help!
I hope that explanation works for your player, because now you're encroaching into roleplaying territory and imposing actions and choices onto the PC.

What you say makes sense, but make sure you're player thinks so.

frankthedm

First Post
Where is this stuff about buying new hands coming from? Battle-fist goes on over the Forgery's hand last I remember so any missing digit on the hand should leave the corresponding battle-fist digit non functional.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads