• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock = Magical Girl?

Klaus

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
Do they have a rat sensay and are named after old artists?
Nah, that's too "boyish".

They have a talking cat sensei and are named after modern singers.

They´re, like, super Bratz! :D

Kaodi

Hero
I Must Say...

That a D&D campaign based entirely on these kind of parodies would be funny as hell. I especially like the idea for being a magical beast with a warlock as a cohort.

DM: " What do you do? "

Player: " I instruct my young charge to use the awesome power of her Burning Blood of the Dragon! Destroy them! "

DM: " After reciting the obligatory chant, Sailor Zarantyr uses Vitriolic Blast to defeat the minions of evil. "

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
RangerWickett said:
This will so be my next character.

Hmm. How best to do it? Disguise Self is useful for shapeshifting shenanigans, but so would be glamered armor. I would like to only be able to use my eldritch blast intermittently, but for more damage. I don't suppose there's some sort of prestige class for Magical Girl, is there?
Dragon Shaman would work better than Warlock there. Breath weapon every 1d4 rounds.

Hey, that has promise. Teenage female Changeling dragon shaman with hatchling gold dragon mentor. Or forget the Changeling part and create some alternate dragon shaman variations for, say, Gem dragons, that include a transformative ability as their draconic adaptation.

xnrdcorex

First Post
hafrogman said:
There are an awful lot of those around. . .

Aboleth
Assassin Vine
Beholders
Carrion Crawler
Chaos Beast
Darkmantle
Displacer Beast
Grick
Mind Flayer
Otyugh
Phantom Fungus
Roper
Shambling Mound
Tendriculos
Violet Fungus

And that's just the core book. . .

You forgot MR. Grell!

wait thats not in the core book, curses!

Still...mr.grell...

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I'm Reading Into This Way Too Much...

Other than Sailor Moon, what other shows feature Magical Girls?

Anyway... back on the animal with warlock cohort angle...

Large magical beast, based on a wolf, but faster, smarter, and loaded with cool abilities, which has an alternate form of a small or medium dog.

Detects magic, uses dancing lights and arcane mark, all at will. Can use jump 1/minute, protection from evil 1/hour and identify 1/day.

6 HD, has to stay in its alternative form for some arbitrary reason.

Agent Oracle

First Post
Oh gods, salor moon is just the tip of the iceberg. hang on while i pull out my good old... Otaku-vision glasses.

The classification of Salor moon-types is generally that of "Magical Girls" That is to say, girls who exhibit magical powers in a modern day setting. Most magical girls have a mentor of some type (usually a small, cute animal / animated object / magical manifestation of a piece of technology) which bestows upon them / teaches them the secrets of / awakens a hidden power within the girl in order to fight monsters / crime / crime AND monsters. These Magical girls must carefully balance the duality of their lives, protecting their secret identities / secret of their magics / friends and family from aforementioned thing they fight.

There are a TON of magical girls, both in Japan and in American tv. the actual Origin of the magical girl phenomena was the American TV show "Bewitched" Which was the inspiration for the first Japanese cartoon in the genre: Mahoutsukai Sally. (Thank you wikipedia!)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Kaodi said:
That a D&D campaign based entirely on these kind of parodies would be funny as hell. I especially like the idea for being a magical beast with a warlock as a cohort.

I play, but I want tentacles. Lots of tentacles. And not just any type. I want that certain type: Hentacles.

I mean, if we're going to play games with schoolgirls in it, we might as well go all the way.

Gez

First Post
Now I get why the manga-addict in our group made up a female elf warlock in the Eberron campaign...

He also made, in another campaign, an OA shaman named Utena. I discovered it long after, but that's the name of a magical girl manga.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads