• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock = Magical Girl?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Gez said:
Now I get why the manga-addict in our group made up a female elf warlock in the Eberron campaign...

He also made, in another campaign, an OA shaman named Utena. I discovered it long after, but that's the name of a magical girl manga.

And now you know what enemies to sic on that. Daelkyr, Dolgaunt, Grell, Mind Flayers, the whole nine yards. Make sure to add the Hentacle template to them all (it changes the form and abilities of said tentacles...) Teach him to go manga and not want to go manga all the way :]

D.Shaffer

First Post
Heck, Sailor Moon is actually different from a lot of magical girl shows as it's almost a sentai series in many ways. :lol: Usually magical girl shows only have one magical girl, although that's changed thanks to Sailor Moon.

I think Cutey Honey is the first 'Magical Girl' that started fighting bad guy villains of the week (As we think of most magical girls). She definitely started the entire 'Got not clothes' henshin sequences.

Back to DND...Sword Sage using the Desert Wind style wouldnt be a bad magical girl in actuality, especially with those upgradeable 'Blast of Fire' type attacks. Add magical armor with the glamor ability and Leadership with an awakened magical animal or other critter for her token animal buddy and you're all set. :lol:

Gez

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
And now you know what enemies to sic on that. Daelkyr, Dolgaunt, Grell, Mind Flayers, the whole nine yards. Make sure to add the Hentacle template to them all (it changes the form and abilities of said tentacles...) Teach him to go manga and not want to go manga all the way :]

Good thing the campaign is already aberration-centric.

[sblock]
Synopsys is taken from the game Morrowind. If you played it, you may remember the Sixth House, with people making odd dreams, becoming brainwashed through them, moving to dark dungeons where they are infected by a magical, incurable disease that causes them to suffer anarchic flesh growth, compensated by self-cannibalistic impulses. During that phase they gradually lose their individuality. Once they lose their eyes (which doesn't affect their sight), they become monsters. Their face becomes all fractured, looking like dry earth. Then it breaks and fall apart, leaving a gaping hole where their eyes and nose were, showing a total lack of brains. Then a tentacle grows in the cavity, and they start growing a new personality. The tentacles grows further and subdivides itself into many, resulting in a slightly cthulhuish monster. And finally after that last step they may become so powerful they can claim back their own appearance, though with a third eye.

Well, I liked these villains and the background, and we adapted it a bit. Now, they're an offshoot of House Tarkannan, which dubs itself the Fifteenth House, and the dreams affect everyone who has an aberrant mark. Even if the mark is still latent and not manifested yet, so it's potentially a lot of people. In Morrowind, the source of the corruption was an insane mortal who became a living god and used the heart and blood of a dead god to "share" his special version of apotheosis with his "subjects". In our campaign, it's the leaking essence of a Rajah that is extracted from Khyber by servants of the Lords of Dust. People infected get to carry one shard of the Rajah, potentially freeing it while keeping it bound in a "safe" (for the Lords of Dust) way.[/sblock]

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Kaodi said:
Hentacles... your a bad, bad man, Kae'Yoss... [Vile] even... :eek: ;)

Of course I am. Monty had a long talk to me once, and after that got an idea to write a book about The Stuff I Did One Sunday Afternoon When I Was Bored.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
It was the original Marvel Superheroes system by TSR and NOT D&D, but a friend and I have played the "Sailor Moon" Magical Girl campaign. I made Sailor Phoebe, and he made my talking cat. :)

It lasted two sessions because our DM thought that everyone, even normal humans, could SLAM super-opponents a few city blocks on a lucky hit... and I fell unconscious into a river. My cat didn't have enough telekinetic juice to save me, so he jumped in and drowned with me. St00pid DM.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads