• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warriors Of The Coast OOC

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
I'm playing a hexer. Powergaming it ain't. :)

True, but it's not playing a melee-oriented class with an 8 Str, either ... if I could find an Int equivalent of Zen Archery and some tricks to get extra crossbow damage dice, it could work...

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I wouldn't worry so much about possible party ramifications right now... there's still plenty of time for everyone to figure out what kind of impact this might have... Jango especially. And like stonegod says... Jango can either fully embrace what has happened, or try to fight it. Doesn't matter to me which way he goes. The roleplaying experiences will result regardless, and what the other characters do when the group comes back together we can worry about when it happens. (Although I would like to point out that the "new skin" is barely imperceptible at Level 1, and it's only over subsequent levels that things become more obvious. At by that point, Jango should know whether he wants to try and have it removed, or to try and cover it with clothing or even illusions. He IS a sorcerer, don't forget. ;) A little polymorph works wonders.)

As far as any other prestige classes for other folks or whatever... I don't think you guys need to worry about powergaming problems. Truth be told, on the last module you guys did an exceedingly good job at AVOIDING combat by using smart tactics, silent surprises, and negotiation... and if that kind of thing continues, it won't make a difference if your characters are kitted out for combat to the best degree or not. So make your choices based on how what your characters "wants" are. What do they want? What are their goals?

As I've been trying to make clear this entire time... I'm all about the roleplaying of the character. You make choices with what your character believes / tries to do... you'll be rewarded for it (or cursed for it, depending on your take of the situation.) Velmont has made some very broad character choices, and what has happened is a direct result of that. Brogarn sending Skarghash to see the Daggerspell Guardians is a character choice that might result in some interesting things. Khalia can get more involved in Flame heirarchy, especially on this crusade. Ari can become a full-fledged member of Deneith again. All of these choices are up to you, and we'll see how things happen. But you need to make a choice.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Oh, and drothegery... if Exorcist of the Silver Flame might be something Khalia would be interested in... you wouldn't have to wait until character level 7 if you didn't want to. I wave most prestige class requirements when I don't feel they are needed, and it's more interesting to start the class sooner rather than later.

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Oh, and drothegery... if Exorcist of the Silver Flame might be something Khalia would be interested in... you wouldn't have to wait until character level 7 if you didn't want to. I wave most prestige class requirements when I don't feel they are needed, and it's more interesting to start the class sooner rather than later.

It's a path she'd consider walking down trying to help Jango (at least for the first-level ability), but it's not what she'd do normally. But my loonier idea on that score was to take Leadership at 6th level, grab Jina as a cohort, go through a trainign montage, and send her on the Exorcist track (In Eberron, a Swashbuckler 3/Archivist 1 could qualify without bending the entry requirements, if she took Education at first level to make all Kn skills class skills).

I mentioned the party ramifications because while Khalia's not a paladin and game-mechanically bound to avoid associating with evil characters, she tends to act like one.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
True enough. Although right now Jango is still only True Neutral. The "evil tendencies" part is mainly due to the daelkyr influence. As Jango advances, we'll see how much Jango submits to the ideas of the skin, or if he fights it... and that'll tell us a lot about whether he stays truly neutral or starts moving towards neutral evil.

Velmont

First Post
I don't think I will make Jango fight actively this evil. I'll more change is moral code but keep some guideline that he will not try to cross. It is only then that he might challenge that 'voice'. What are the guideline, I don't know yet, most likely he will have easy time to kill a starnger, but Jango wish to be accepted was so string that it couldn't dissapear like that, most likely he will keep some value on friendship and family... well, things will be come clearer as I play with him...

drothgery

First Post
FYI - I'm going to be out of town for the next week, and will be checking the game only intermittently, if at all. As the only PCs who are even on the same mission right now are Khalia and Ari, this shouldn't be a huge deal, but if you need Khalia to be her haughty, lawful good self to move that thread along for Ari, go ahead.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
DEFCON: We waiting on anyone in particular here? I know Khalia's player is out 'til Weds.

Not pushing, just want to know. :)

Remove ads