• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We be Goblins! - IC

kinem

Adventurer
Some of the gobins become sick from too much drink, but Poog and Chuffy are tough enough to avoid this fate.

There is much talk and some scuffling among the goblins, but no dogslicers have been drawn.

Somehow (no doubt thanks to Slorb) the word gets around about the reason for this party. Some goblins start chanting "Dare! Dare!" and some of them come up to you and say "You a hero? Prove it! Dance with Squealy Nord!" Even Chuffy, whio is making out with the corpulent and lusty Shagmai, receives this message.

It's Licktoad tradition to reward those who manage to pull off these dangerous dares. Who will dare to dance with Squealy Nord?

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Poog considers. Sated on drink, he decides that it is not quite his thing and lets his companions take up the dare. He puts away some rotting fish and considers his companions. "Well," he mutters to Dogfinder, "I don't think Vorka will eat me first amongst this lot!"

Kaodi

Hero
Pushing smaller goblins out of the way as he heads toward the pit, Stumpbiter proclaims, " Me great hero who dance with Squealy Nord! Pig thing no match for mighty Stumpbiter! "

Rhun

First Post
Mogmurch claps Stumpbiter on the back, and cackles loudly. "I have your stuff when Squealy Nord kill you?"

Kaodi

Hero
" I not die! " insists Stumptbiter. " But if something bad happen, you take lucky teeth and get fireworks. With my teeth and your teeth, you be twice as lucky! "

kinem

Adventurer
Squealy Nord lives in a muddy pit in the middle of the village, right next to the goblin baby cages. His pit is circular, nearly 20 feet in diameter, and just over 10 feet deep. Nord is feared as a goblin-eater, because he was seen eating goblin corpses, though you've never actually seen the pig attack a goblin.

Stumpbiter makes his way to Squealy's pit, as the tribe gathers around.

Squealy Nord is tethered. As it soon becomes apparent, this challenge might be up Poog's alley after all, as the pig will be released into the pit from a narrow corral with Stumpbiter trying to cling onto his back.

ooc: A DC 15 Ride check is required each round to stay on Nord’s back as he races about. To pass the challenge, you need to stay on for at least 3 rounds. Kaodi, roll the ride checks, then I'll tell you the consequences of success or failure.

Kaodi

Hero
Stumpbiter mounts Squealy Nord and prepares for the challenge to begin. When things start to go South, he attempts to gain an extra hold on Squealy Nord with his mouth.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: It looks to me like Stumpy's ride check should be +3, not +6.

Stumpbiter's unorthodox technique makes Squealy live up to his name, but it doesn't prevent the goblin from being thrown off of the pig's back. (ooc: 1 point of damage)

"Ha! Ha!" "Boo!" As the watching goblins cheer and jeer, Squealy squeals and runs around the pit.

Slorb, enjoying his role as a sort of master of ceremonies, says "Any other hero brave enough to dance with Squealy Nord? How about Poog? Are you afraid to ride him, Poog?!?"

Last edited:

Remove ads