• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We be Goblins! - IC

Rhun

First Post
Mogmurch holds his prize high for the gathered goblins to see, and then slides it into his pouch. He was pleased with his performance, and the elixir would come in handy if they ran into old Vorka or Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many.

The goblin grins crazily at Poog when he talks of tiring out Squealy Nord, and sticks his tongue out at his companion. Then he turns to watch Stumpbiter try his luck with eating the foul bull slugs.

kinem

Adventurer
Eventually, Squealy Nord tires of running around his pit.

A covered wicker basket containing the slug bag is brought before Stumpbiter, along with a napkin made out of a soggy leaf.

"Eat 'em real quick!"

[sblock=eating slugs]Stumpbiter has 1 minute to eat an entire bag of bullslugs to win this dare. Normally, eating the slugs is not a big problem, even though they wriggle, taste of rotten fish, and burst with a little squeal when chewed. Eating a full bag in a minute is the hard part.

There are five slugs in the bag. Successfully eating one requires a DC 15 Fortitude save. He can drop it to a DC 10 Fortitude save if he doesn’t bother to spit out the slug’s mildly poisonous slime bladder—but neglecting to take care not to eat the slime bladder could make him sick.

Eating a slug is a full-round action (because of the squirming), and a goblin who fails a save can attempt to swallow the same slug on the following round.

At the end of the dare, if he opted for an easier DC 10 Fortitude save when eating one or more of the slugs, he must make a final Fortitude save (DC 15 with a cumulative –1 penalty for every DC 10 save he chose to make) to avoid becoming sickened by slug slime for 24 hours.[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Stumpbiter grabs the bag of slugs and waits for the signal to start eating. Confident that he will have no problem eating the slugs, the goblin warrior takes care with the first slug, but precious moments pass before he gets it down. The goblin then moves on to the second slug, but when it too proves troublesome, Stumpbiter yells out, " Slug thing get in my tummy now! " as he flies into a rage. The goblin scarfs down the second slug, and moves onto the third. It also gives him problems, but he gets it down. And then with time running out, Stumpbiter quickly shoves the last two slugs into his face and wolfs them down.

At the end, a triumphant Stumpbiter throws the basket down and proclaims, " Me win! Me big hero! " but then suddenly he stops. The goblin turns a deeper shade of green then one might have though possible, and then after a moment's pause, lets go of a giant, slimy belch. Stumpbiter recovers, none the worse for wear, though tired out by his feeding frenzy.

OOC: In game terms, the first four rolls were against DC 15, and then beginning on the fifth round Stumpbiter went into a rage and stopped taking precautions. The Natural 20 was certainly a nice way to end the ordeal, ; ) .

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
The goblins cheer and clap.

"Now that's eatin'! You will get a big honor. You can use the Gorge of Gluttons on your mission! The Chief's favorite dogslicer! Kill horses! But don't forget to bring it back to the Chief afterwards. Or else!"

Slorb hands Stumpbiter a dogslicer.

(ooc: It's a +1 horse bane dogslicer.)

"Now what you've all been waiting for. Time for Hide or Get Clubbed! Who will try to hide in the marsh? And remember: One hit with club! No other fighting."

[sblock=ooc]This is the goblin version of hide and seek. The dare-taker rushes off into the marsh without any weapons and attempts to find a good hiding spot (make a Stealth check to determine his success at hiding). The other goblins try to find him, and if they do, the finder is allowed to whack the previously hidden goblin with a club.[/sblock]

EMP

First Post
Chuffy nodes his head. "Chuffy is the sneakiest sneak! I'll take dare." Chuffy removes his armor and winks at the others as he runs off into the marsh.

He runs for several minutes before finding a spot he thinks is a good spot. 'They not find Chuffy here.' He thinks to himself.

[sblock=OOC]I'll go ahead and roll my stealth checks. 4 enough?[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: Just one stealth check - the first.

The tribe of goblins head into the marsh and search for Chuffy.

"Found 'im!!!!!!!!!" one of the goblins calls. "Now to ... Oh, wait. It's only a toad!"

The goblins search for a good while, but eventually, the search is called off.

"You can come back now, Chuffy! You hid!" they call out.

When the tribe is back near the bonfire, Slorb says "Chuffy, for the mission, you get to use the Chief's Ring That Lets You Climb Real Good! Bring it back to Chief after."

He holds out the ring.

"Now for last dare. Who dares go through the Rusty Earbiter?!?"

The infamous Rusty Earbiter is a hollow coil of rusty wires, barrel hoops, bent swords, and thorny branches and vines that's kept behind the Moot House when not in use. So named for the fact that it's claimed a number of goblin ears in the past (at any one time, 1d3 partially severed goblin ears can be found tangled in its sharp internal coils), the Rusty Earbiter is both an object of fascination and fear for the Licktoads. The half-insane tinkerer who invented the thing has long since died (carried off one night by a giant bird of some sort after his first and only test of a prototype bird-attracting hat), but his legacy lives on.

A half-dozen eager goblins roll the 20-foot coil out from behind the Moot House with the typical number of slashed fingers and stabbed legs such a task normally brings.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Miffed that he hasn't won anything, Poog practically jumps in front. "I will!" he shouts.

[sblock]
Praying to Zarongel, he uses his guidance spell to aid him pass earbiter.

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Mogmurch rubs his hands together eagerly as Poog steps forward. "Poog gonna lose an ear!" he calls loudly. "And I gonna use it in next potion!"

EMP

First Post
Chuffy holds out his hand and takes the ring. "I'll make good use of it Chief." He gathers the rest of his equipment before attending the next dare.

Remove ads