• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We be Goblins! - IC

kinem

Adventurer
For this dare Poog must climb into one end of the Rusty Earbiter and then wriggle through it, coming out the other side. The faster the better!

ooc: Climbing through the Rusty Earbiter requires a series of three DC 15 Escape Artist checks as the goblin must writhe through a series of tight squeezes. Each Escape Artist check takes 1 full round to attempt, and each one must be repeated until a successful check is made before moving on to the next one (or, in the case of the last check, successfully crawling out the far end of the tube).

If he takes too long (fails too many checks), the other goblins will get bored; after that point it doesn’t matter if he gets out or not, it's considered a lost dare. The goblins get bored easily, but you can try to keep them interested somehow (how is up to you).

Each failed Escape Artist check causes 1d4–2 points of damage (a result of less than 1 point of damage indicates no damage is taken) from the Rusty Earbiter's spiky spikes.

Krug

Newshound
OOC: Ok dice rolls coming up.. from the dice rolls I assume he's taken damage on the first round but made it through on the subsequent crawls.

Poog climbs into the earbiter, and despite some trying his best, is hurt by some spikes. Ignoring the blood, he moves on. "Pah.. just focus.. this be like the time when bullies shoved me into the ant hole..."

The memory appears to spur the goblin on, and he manages to crawl through Rusty earbiter with nicks and tears on his clothes, but no other damage. He crawls out the other end, triumphant, and does a not-too-well-executed-roll for effect.

"Is not Poog marvelous?" he says to the crowd. He eyes Dogfinder, his toad, who, as usual, ignores him utterly.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
The goblins hoot and clap.

"No lost ear for Poog! But he did it! Poog, you get to use the Chief’s Personal Very Useful Robe That Is Useful!" Slorb declares.

ooc: This is a robe of useful items that has only four patches left—a ladder, a three-legged turtle, a horseshoe, and a bullhorn.

The party continues into the night.

You are expected to set off into Brinestump Marsh the next morning. You are brought before the chief again at dawn, whereupon he instructs you to “get fireworks and bring them here to me.”

To help your mission, he gives you the remaining fireworks from Scribbleface’s stash: two Desnan candles, four paper candles, and a skyrocket.

The journey to the fireworks stash indicated on the map should be relatively short — a slog not quite a mile-long through the swamp along the creek’s southern bank. It could take about an hour to make. The marsh itself is relatively difficult to navigate, with numerous stretches of deep water that must be skirted and thick tangles of stinging nettles.

ooc: You need to decide who will carry the various fireworks you were given, and to choose a marching order.

Krug

Newshound
Poog is overjoyed at the robe, though when he examines it, he's less than impressed, especially when he sees the turtle.

Nevertheless, he puts it on over his chain shirt.

---

Poog is up and alert the next morning. "Me will take skyrocket and Desnan candles," he says, excited at the prospects.

Kaodi

Hero
Stumpbiter takes the two remaining paper candles and shoves them into Chuffy's hands. " You take 'em. Me slice and dice, not make fire good, " says the burly goblin.

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: Desna is a good-aligned goddess in Golorian. Also - and I should have made this clear earlier - fireworks are something new to the goblins. For both reasons, the Licktoads probably call Desnan candles something else - maybe 'sky candles' or 'fire spitters'.

So what will be your marching order / arrangement?

Remove ads