• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapons of Legacy Question

avigor

First Post
Hmm . . . maybe they meant to say that you don't lose the lower spell levels a second time when you gain higher abilities?

One thing that kinda made my nose winkle was making someone who is founding a legacy item have to spend GP and do a ritual. I'd say do it all in XP for the founding, then let those who come later have to study the founding event and figure out how to recreate it ritualistically (which would have a GP cost), and spend the lower XP because they're just forging a new bond, not imbuing new power into the item.

Just my 2 cp.

Erywin

First Post
Well, just started a new campaign the other day with Blarg and Wik. We are going to try out Mouse's idea for WoL to playtest it. Changes are, no penalties but instead you must spend a general feat to replace the bonus feats that you usually get from the ceremonies. That being said you still need to spend the money and do the ceremony. We will let you know how it turns out, current players are 4th level so got a level or two before I introduce a legacy item.

Also of note, Blarg made a cursory calculation and figured that the cost in ceremonies is roughly equivilant to the cost of the items.

Cheers,
E

Remove ads