Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - OOC - Game is Running

industrygothica

Adventurer
Out of curiosity: are you going to NPC Zeddicus pending Dog45's return, or just phase him out if he doesn't? I'm only asking because the character needs healing, but it doesn't make sense to spend wand charges on a character that's going to be phased out.

-IG

Rhun

First Post
industrygothica said:
Out of curiosity: are you going to NPC Zeddicus pending Dog45's return, or just phase him out if he doesn't? I'm only asking because the character needs healing, but it doesn't make sense to spend wand charges on a character that's going to be phased out.

Good question. I will probably NPC him for another couple of weeks and if Dog45 isn't back by then, he will probably meet an untimely demise.

Rhun

First Post
I want to apologize for the delay this weekend. I went skiing yesterday, and I was completely exhausted last night. I ate dinner and went to bed.

It looks like we are still missing dog45, and it looks like KS hasn't logged-in in the last couple of weeks either. I have no problem continuing with the game, just wanted to make sure everyone else is still on bored? Please sound in and let me know what you all think.

I've also considered changing the nature of the game to a standard PbP where we can all post during the week, too...is anyone else interested in doing that? It would be fairly informal, whenever you get around to it kind of thing. I'm just wondering if the "weekend only" nature of the game is slowly things down and making it seem tedious.

Any input?

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Hi --

two things,

1. First, I'm back. I thought I had indicated I was going to be out of touch until today. I was surprised how little had happened in my absence.

2. The question syou raise relate directly to what I was tryting to say in post 129 in this thread. Even when we are all logging in, little is happening over a 2 day/week post period, and it's not improving.

Neither of these is constructive -- just observational. But I think you are right that it needs to be addressed.

KS>

Shayuri

First Post
One thing I find interesting...no matter what the format of the game, the slowest parts are not usually combat so much as the sort of...directionless slogging around that parties do when they're exploring.

I've seen, in a realtime game, action stop for upwards of half an hour or MORE when the party comes to a fork in the road, or a door...or otherwise has choices about which way to go, or what to do.

No one wants to be responsible, I think, for the call that leads to disaster. No one wants to say, "Lets go left," and then find that 'left' leads to the trap/boss monster double whammy. Plus, unless there's a LOT of attention to detail and description, the "corridor crawl" is probably the most boring part of the game. Which you'd think would mean we'd want to rush through it...but in reality it means we want someone ELSE to rush through it. :)

One thing that helps a little is more input from the GM, even just in the form of descriptions. Going west, say, and having the GM go, "Okay, you're still in the ruined down, exits are southwest and north" is a bit less involving than something like, "Ancient, weathered buildings scroll past as you make your way, step by hot muggy step, farther into the vine-crusted ruined city. Looking around, you see no obvious buildings of interest in your immediate vicinity, though the street you're on curves to the southwest and there out of sight."

On the other hand, it's hard for a GM to get the energy to make big posts when no one else is. It is a vicious circle!

In summary, what can I do to help?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Indeed, I believe the "which way do we go," aspect is slowing things down greatly. Seems if we can find a way to get through that more quickly, and on to the story, things would progress much more fluently. I'll be running through a similar problem in the game I'm running before long, so I'm definitely interested to see how we manage to get through it.

-IG

Remove ads