• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Welcome Thread

Dan Taylor

First Post
Hey, there. I've been around here in one form or another forever. I've got over 40 years of RPG experience. I've got a few projects in the works. I'm on the West Coast in the USA and am looking for an online or streaming game to join (or even local in person). On a side note... I helped Morrus with the new site logo design.

Peace.

Melanthios

First Post
Finally found a DM who will run a game for me after being into D&D since I walked into a WotC store(! remember those??) at 13 years old and my world was changed. Learning 5e right now and setting up a game run by my best friend. Currently I'm in the middle of a move and lots of other big life changes, so I'm probably not gonna be looking for a gaming group any time sooner than like, Fall.

I'm queer, and I'm turning 30 this June!:cool:

I like almost everything Bryan Fuller does, I'm looking forward to the new Incredibles movie (Edna has a whole subplot!!), and I like to build IKEA furniture.

LadyAluerris

First Post
New members should feel free to say hello in this thread. Older members should feel free to welcome them!

Welcome to EN World! You have probably ended up here because you have just registered a new user account. You may need to log in at the top right before you can post, but when you do, please do drop a note a note in this thread to introduce yourself, or ask any initial questions you may have about the forums. It's a great way to break the ice and get started.

hi I'm new and I cant wait to play dnd with everyone. sort of new although I've played alot sessions and two camps. adventures await my bois! big oof cleric ready to yeet

M

malcmerlyn

Hello to all, Merlyn, or in this forum Malcmerlyn because Merlyn was already taken, French tabletop 46 y.o. RPG gamemaster mainly.

Azraele

Villager
Hey everybody! This seems like a good place to allow myself to introduce. Myself. Hmm.

My name is Joel, AKA Azraele on pretty much every gaming site ever. My handle is taken from my very first D&D character, so it's a combination of hazy nostalgia and humbling recognition of the stupidity of my younger self. I was 13 and I thought I was soooo clever.

Nowadays I both run and create RPGs. I'm the owner of the Mushroom Press which, admittedly, doesn't mean anything until I actually complete and publish a game. But, like, I have a logo. that's something.

I'm also a member of the Five Emperors and the lead designer for Tian Shang: All Above Heaven. You can be forgiven for not caring about that, but if you liked Weapons of the Gods, Legends of the Wulin, or are just super-into high-powered kung-fu action RPGs, then man have I got some good news for you...

I'm a big fan of the Old School Renaissance, but largely because I like the super old-school, wood-grain-and-or-red-box version of D&D. There are some long, rambley videos on youtube where my friends and I recorded some sessions of us playing ACKS, but I'm not linking them because they're really quite boring and you've likely got better things to do with your time (Random ACKS of violence, if you're a glutton for punishment)

Oh, I also have a podcast with notable wuxia game designer "Bedrock" Brendon Davis where we talk about wuxia, game design, and whatever else catches our interest. Three episodes so far!

I'm a really friendly guy and I'm looking forward to being a member of this community. I can't wait to get to know you fine folks!

marklord

First Post
Been receiving the news updates for a while now and decided to join the forum as WFRP 4e is about to be released - I played 1e when it was first out in the 80s!

Steve Ellis

First Post
Hey Everyone! I'm a long time RPG player and I've had the luck of being able to illustrate for a bunch of the games I play like Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder as well as Vampire The Masquerade and Werewolf the Apocalypse. I've been in the gaming community for a long time, but over the last few years, I haven't had much time for playing due to all the work I've been doing. I just got back into it and right now I'm playing a Dungeon World Campaign alternating with fate, but I miss the oldschooll gaming rules of DnD and Pathfinder. I'm looking to get some Cthulhu games us and running because that's really where my heart is. Here's my art site if anyone is interested www. steveellisart.com

spitzig

First Post
I've been playing for about 15 years off and on. I'm currently playing a 5e campaign. I'm here because I'm trying to figure out how to get my three year old interested in RPing.

Remove ads