• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Welcome Thread

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
I played various tabletop RPGs about 15-20 years ago, but life got in the way. I recently picked up some D&D 5e stuff (and dusted off my ENWorld account), and am wanting to get back into it.

Now, to find a group...

Stormrider73

Villager
Just wanted to say hi since I'm brand new to the forum, D&D, and table top RPG's in general. Look forward to learning a lot and having fun with good friends!

Antharias

First Post
Good evening, all

Been signed up for heaven alone knows how long but finally getting around to posting as I came across a topic about 8 free one shot adventures and lately I have been having to create a few of them myself and was hoping to get some advice and feedback. *Edit - Apparently I have only just signed up. Oh well.*

Been roleplaying for about 12 years odd now and DM'ed for a year but did not gel very well with the group so took a hiatus and am back to see if I can actually be a decent DM.

Last edited:

Halboy60

Villager
Well Antharias, I would say to work first at what kind of story line your wanting to present to your group. Second, try to get your group to come up with their own backgrounds and give you a copy so that
you can create scenarios based on their character backgrounds and work them into your main story. Also keep them in wondering, never let the group know what could be next. A good story teller is one that always keeps his readers in suspense, so do the same with your game. You don't have to have continuous battles for the party to go up against, sometimes having them doing a little research and investigating
goes a long way. Let them feel that they are the ones writing the story but your the one directing the play so to speak.

Remove ads