• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Werethings!

Virginia Wilde

First Post
Hey, what about werecrocs? They were my favortie in werewolf, and I'd wanna see how somebody handles their conversion to d20.....that'd be something to see!

Virginia Wilde

First Post
They're in what now? Masters of the Wild? I've got that book and there's nothing that's all that similar in there.
On a similar note, the closest I've seen is a Naga Master of the Akasha with access to polymorph self.

Krishnath

First Post
Ferret: I see, that's the problem, you're brittish :D

Virginia: The werecroc is in Monstrous Compenium: Monsters of Faerûn, and yes, it's worth the cost. (two words: Shadow Dragons :D)

Virginia Wilde

First Post
Aye, I saw it, but it's not anywhere near the Werewolf werecroc (and the FR werecroc is EVIL. What's up with that?) I know and love. Pick up a copy of Mokolé and just flip through it. I'd like to see how that gets handled.

Of course, I wasn't real happy with the Lycanthropes in D&D anyway. I mean, the template was a good idea, but it was just too confusing, and really seems for "on the fly" werecreatures. What If I want to craft an intricate plotline around just one werewolf wreaking havoc? The PCs would hunt him down and kill him in a matter of days. I mean, I don't know how I would have done it differently, so I won't complain very much, but I just....it just doesn't feel right for some reason.

By the way. I dislike shadow dragons. I once dried to beat one to death with my bladesinger, and I missed, dropped my sword, and only really did damage once I just started beating on it with my fists....then the NPC killed it.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Virginia: Three words: Lords of Darkness. In it you will find the organization known as The People of the Black Blood. it's an organization entirely made up of lycanthropes of varying types. It's Forgotten Realms, but it's adaptable for any campaign. And I can tell you, a druid werewolf is a force to be reconned with :D (Trackless step?, let's see the PC's try to track a creature that is more hunter than druid :D)

Remove ads