• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Western Massachusetts Gamers - how many?

The_Warlock

Explorer
So, having apparently startled Jeysie by being another gamer from Western Massachusetts, I'm curious...How many of us are there on EnWorld? I never thought to ask before....

I live in Amherst, and work in Northampton....

Jeysie

First Post
I inspired a thread! I feel so special... :D

Just to be all o-fficial, I live in Springfield and work in Springfield, though I grew up in Berkshire County.

I'd like to move even farther east, where the geekiness and job availability is better, but the cost of living jumps up too high compared to the sort of work I qualify for, and I have a lack of mobility, so... here in zee doldrums I sit for now.

Peace & Luv, Liz

The_Warlock

Explorer
Either the rest of the W MA gamers aren't paying attention, or we're the only ones...wacky...I would've figured there'd be more.

I agree totally, the increased money out east sounds nice, but the increased costs are positively insane. I'll take happy in a mildly depressed region over increased pay for less free time and more debt...

Jeysie

First Post
Heh! Well, part of it, too, is that there's just not a lot to *do* around my area unless you either like nightclubs (which I don't), or you're rich (which I'm not). Been thinking about trying to find a local gaming group to hook up with, except that the bus service in the area is nigh useless at night, and taxis are so darn expensive. C'est la vie, I suppose...

But, yeah, now that I found at least one, you'd think there *would* be more of us. :D

Peace & Luv, Liz

Mycanid

First Post
Well ... I don't live in Western Massachusetts (in fact I live completely on the other side of the country), but I think more gamers should to help out those banished to said locale! :mad:

I mean ... umm ... yes. :heh:

Moving right along.... :uhoh:

The_Warlock

Explorer
Ah, yes, the bus system outside of the 5 college area doesn't QUITE cut it, and they've even pared it back a bit the last few years up here, but it's still better than any I've seen anywhere else.

Nightclubs not my favorite either, though I ocassionally go to one up here (like 1/year or so) to see people I don't see often.

The Happy Valley region up around Amherst/Hadley/Noho is just a lot more scenic, and there's a lot to do in terms of parks, shops, and restaurants and Amherst usually has weekly community stuff during summer on the commons. Me, I just tend to stay home, and torture my players 1/week with insidious evils. chuckle

The_Warlock

Explorer
Mycanid said:
Well ... I don't live in Western Massachusetts (in fact I live completely on the other side of the country), but I think more gamers should to help out those banished to said locale! :mad:

I mean ... umm ... yes. :heh:

Moving right along.... :uhoh:

(Gives Myc the squirrely eye) Goofball...chuckle

Remove ads