[WFRP] Down and Out in Altdorf

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Norgrim spits to the ground and lifts his belt. "A'righ' then." He says as he slings the shield from his back and draws the hammer. He walks calmly to the thugs and stares them down. "'Fraid to figh' yer own battles 're ye? Coward!" He yels to the boss.

[sblock=OOC]First here, I'm not going to take the first hit, instead I'll just move infront the two thugs and let them attack first. I'll do my best to defend myself though. We are inside a city, and I imagine it doesn't look good to draw the first blood, in guards' minds. Second, I'm trying to coax the leader to stay and fight too, instead of running away.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Gustav still sits there. The thugs are bettere equiped than him and most likely more skilled. I'm just a boatman and no warrior.
He is no coward, but doesn't know anyone of the other patrons. If the thaugs attack him, then he will give them the fight of their life. I hope...

ooc: still delaying

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
The large man in furs dashes out the front doors, and with an alacrity possessed by few men as fat as he, flings the innkeeper's daughter into a waiting carriage and leaps in after her. As his driver sends the horses into a gallop, he looks at Norgrim and Albrecht and laughs a deep belly laugh while slapping his knee.

"BWA HAHAHAHAHA!"
hella_tellah-albums-down-out-altdorf-picture400-laughing-goblin2.gif

[sblock=Initiative]

1. Gustav 1d10+35=41
  2. Solveig 1d10+35=40
  3. Thugs 1d10+30=37
  4. Albrecht 1d10+32=35
  5. Norgrim 1d10+23=28
Gustav's up next!
[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Realising that not only was the railing obscuring her vision but now others of the customers had moved in to fight the hoodlums Solveig had a swift change of plan.

She dropped her bow, grabbed her cudgel and vaulted over the railing onto the raised seating platform. Or at least that was the plan...

She managed to drop the bow, she grabbed her cudgel all right, and she started to clear the railing - so far, so good. But then it all went wrong! Her bow had fallen at her foot and her foot got tangled up in the bowstring.

Solveig went crashing through the railing and landed face down on the platform, stars circling her aching head, with only one thought uppermost

"At least I'm a diversion!"

[sblock=OOC]Agility roll 100!!![/sblock]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
The cutlass-wielding thugs stepped forward in unison with a practiced sword flourish. After a short series of showy jabs and slashes, they hacked at Norgrim's arms. One misjudged his footing and missed Norgrim's left arm completely, failing even to connect with Norgrim's shield. As Norgrim twisted his body to interject his shield, the other swordsman struck him in his hammer arm, cutting a slice from his tricept and drawing first blood.

The man wielding a crossbow stowed the loaded crossbow at his side and drew his cutlass in one quick motion, then slashed at Albrecht's right arm. Pulling back into a defensive position, Albrecht kept out of reach of his mad slashes.

[sblock=OOC]I took the liberty of rolling Parry for Norgrim, since it's better than his Dodge Blow. He takes 11 Wounds, knocking him down to zero. Further damage is likely to result in serious injury!
"At least I'm a diversion!"
Nice fumble description! 10 experience for you![/sblock]

Anton85

First Post
The fight was only seconds old, but Albrecht was already sweating. The Dwarf had already taken a couple of nasty injuries, the people in the hall had not rallied to stop the thugs and the inn keeper was about as useful as a minister preaching to goblins.

Albrecht measured the strikes of his opponent. Thrust, swing, drive. Thrust, swing drive. Albrecht waited for just the right moment. Albrecht backed up right during the 'drive', hoping to catch his opponent off balance. Unfortunately he backed up right into the metal fire pit. Albrecht let out an inglorious cry as he burnt his posterior and wounded his own pride.

Attack roll: Nat 100
1d100=100

OOC: Even if we survive this fight, we will never live past our fumbles.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
This fools will ge themself killed... Perhaps I should...
"Can I not eat abit soup in peace! Go get lost!" Gutav grumbles towards the thugs.

ooc: Does this count as an action? He doesn't got the intimidation skill.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Does this count as an action? He doesn't got the intimidation skill.

Intimidation is a Basic Skill, so you can use it without training. You just need to roll under 1/2 your attribute. Intimidation is based on Strength (in most cases) so you need to roll an 18 or less. 1d100=18

LUCKY! I swear to Sigmar, I did not fudge that roll at all![/sblock]
The two thugs ganging up on the dwarf ignored Gustav, focusing on their next vicious attack. The thug nearest to Gustav, fighting Albrecht, looked up at Gustav with a shocked expression.

[sblock=OOC]Attack rolls against the distracted thug get a +20% bonus for two rounds. When determining whether your attack succeeds, add 20 to your WS or BS attribute; rolling below that number means a success.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
[sblock=OOC]*shrug* I guess I could heal myself but that doesn't feel like something Norgrim would do in the middle of a fight. So I'll just go for skullcrushing!. I do realise that I might have to roll a new character soon, but that's the way life goes for manic dwarfs... :D Attack roll: 1d100=20 Yea, a hit![/sblock]

Norgrim swings his hammer with an uppercut towards the other thug's groin, hoping to reduce the trollspit into a rolled up, weeping pile of flesh...

Remove ads