[WFRP] Down and Out in Altdorf

Walking Dad

First Post
Gustav eats the last of his soup as the brigands leave and moves then to to the wounded 'warrior'.
"Anyone here knows how to properly bind wounds?"

The Digger

First Post
Solveig hurries past Gustav as he tends to the fallen dwarf. She reaches the door and peeks out, trying to see where the toughs are heading. Without turning her head she mutters quietly "'Fraid not, friend, But he sure deserves some attention. AT least he stood up to those thugs."

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
[sblock=Norgrim struggles with his wounds.]Toughness Test: 1d100=35 Success![/sblock]
Holding his ankle and gritting his teeth against the pain, Norgrim hovered on the edge of consciousness. The wounds in his arm and leg throbbed with a hot, mind-numbing pain, but at least the bleeding had stopped.

Hesitantly, the innkeeper's remaining daughter approached the grizzled, wounded dwarf. As conversations struck up again in hushed tones, she extended a small glass bottle toward Norgrim.

"Here, sir. Please 'ave this," she said, laying the cool brown glass on Norgrim's calloused palm. "'Tis our last 'ealing draught, be da' says we owe ye that much."

[sblock=Solveig peers out into the night.]Perception Test: 1d100=77 Failure.[/sblock]
Solveig watched as the dark green cloaks disappeared into a sheet of rain. As a jolt of lightning crackled through the night sky, she caught a final glimpse of a black leather boot splashing through a puddle, then lost all sight of the hooded brigands.

The band struck up again, and though the folk tune's melody called for joy and revelry, no one felt much like dancing.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Norgrim quaffs the contents off the bottle and the pain in his leg subsides. After fully regaining consciousness he looks around, searching for the thugs with his eyes but finds none. Then the realisation of what happened hits him and he turns to the girl. "Na' tha' tha' wusn't spot on, but me could really 'preciate good ale. Now wher'd thos' ruffians run off? I have a debt to settle."

Walking Dad

First Post
"Let's eat a soup and call it a night. They were many. And they had to using dirty tricks or magic to down a warrior like you so quickly."
Gustav reaches out with his hand to help the dwarf get up.
"It's Gustav."

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
The innkeeper came forward to speak with Norgrim, extending a hand to help him up. "Brave o' ye ta try and get my Daisy back, dwarf," he said, "but I'm afraid there's jus' nothin' for it but ta pay their ransom, now.

"It's good ta know tha' even in these dark times, some will still stand up fer th' little guy," he said, addressing Albrecht, Solveig and Gustav as well. "In thanks, my fam'ly would like ta offer you four lodging and meals this evening on th' house; tomorrow as well, if ye'll be stayin'."

His head hanging low, the innkeeper trudged back to the kitchen. His wife brushed past him through the swinging kitchen door, and came out to speak to the group assembled in the front of the inn. Tall, wide, wrinkled and ample-bosoomed, she retained a symmetry of features and tight blond ringlets that suggest she had been quite the fetching maiden in her day.

"I know it's askin' a bit much, but my Helmut--Helmut's my husband, he is--has gotten 'imself deep in it this time, and he'd be far too proud ta ask. He's goin' ta haf ta deliver a heafty sack of coin tomorrow night ta get our Daisy back, and I can't stands the thought of 'im goin' alone ta that butcher's den. Please, will ye watch o'er my poor sweet Helmut when he goes to 'em on the morrow?"

The Digger

First Post
Thinking back to her less than stellar performance, and looking a little shamefaced, Solveig replied instantly.

"I cannot speak for these gentlemen here but I will certainly go with your husband tomorrow. And hopefully I will be of more use than I have been so far."

Walking Dad

First Post
"No problem. I have some time. The weather is'nt good for fishing anyway. And your soup tastes damn nice."
Gustav answers the woman.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
The patrons of The Laughing Goblin cleared out early that night, taking cautious glances down alleyways as they made their way through the storm's heavy rainfall. The dancers and musicians muttered their relief at a short night's work, but the innkeeper's face sank with worry with each customer that stepped through the well-worn entryway.

As business began to wind down, the innkeeper sat down on a stool near the kitchen, and began to smoke an old, curved tobacco pipe. He chewed on the end absent-mindedly, staring off into the distance. His wife went about the business of dragging those to0 drunk to stand off to the common room to spend the night on a cot.

[sblock=OOC]There are a few optional paths you might consider here:

• Have a smoke with Helmut, the innkeeper--press him for information, or console him?
  • Help the wife haul drunks back to the common room.
  • Speak to the remaining guests.
  • Speak with the remaining daughter, the musicians, or the dancers.
Or just head off to bed and get to the good stuff faster :). Or anything else you can think of that might be fun, of course![/sblock]

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
Solveig wanders along to where Helmut is sitting, intending to talk to him about the hoodlums, but as she starts to walk over she feels the bruises of her fall. She rubs her jaw where it hit the floor and thanks Ranald that she always had tough bones.

"Good night, Helmut" she waves at the innkeeper and heads off to get, hopefully, a good night's rest.

Remove ads