What characters are you thinking about running?

garyh

First Post
Still haven't got my copy so I'll wait and see if there's something I'd like to play as my second character here. At the moment I'm thinking an Eladrin Tactical Warlord, for the happiness of whoever adventures with me ;)

I was really happy with the Eladrin Tactical Warlord I put together for your game (Eladrin Soldier for greatspear, then Tactical Inspiration = AWESOME). I was contemplating trying that here for my second PC, but I'm betting I'll want to try out a PHB2 item. Of all things, I really like the idea of a tiefling bard (and I used to hate bards).

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yeah, Thandorin, right? I'd like to try something similar. I'm having a lot of fun with Alexander though he is certainly a "let-the-others-shine" kind of fighter. So I'm willing to try something even less self-centered. But yeah, I want to wait till I have PHB2 in my hands and see if I'm willing to waith 3-4 months to put my 2nd character in...
I mean we'll have 3rd characters too sooner or later, right? :D

garyh

First Post
Yup, Thandorin. Martial Power and Adventurer's Vault were good to Eladrin Warlords.

I figure we'll eventually allow third PC's. Maybe have one PC at 4th level first? It's not anything to worry about yet, though.

My main (and most-played) characters here (Hrav, bugbear brutal rogue) and in my wife's Scales of War campaign (human infernal warlock) are both strikers, so the only thing I'm reasonably sure of is that my second PC won't be a striker (despite being a fan of the avenger like everyone else :) )

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Hmm ... maybe we could require that you have 5 total levels between your other two characters? So either 4+1 or 3+2? Just spitballing ;)

To be honest, I'm slightly hesitant to put a striker forward, because everyone wants to play a striker, so there's usually a lot more competition to get into adventures. But the avenger is good enough that I might just have to suck it up ;)

Oni

First Post
Strikers are the role that almost everyone doubles up on though, so it's like they have twice as many opportunities. :)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yeah, but the reason everyone doubles up on strikers is because there's twice as many strikers to begin with ;)

Really, if you want to get snatched up right quick, you should play a controller or leader. Though maybe controllers will be more popular once PHB2 is approved ...

CaBaNa

First Post
Controllers, and Leaders are where it's at... :cool:

But strikers seem to be the most popular :p

Edit: The invoker seemed like it was bomb, now I'm almost dead set on Druid/Shaman just for the walking around with the spirit companion to match my animal form! ridiculously excited. Also Lord S. I saw your conundrum with the Avenger paths, hard choice, but I'm sure it will be rewarding in the end!

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
I was almost decided on submitting Hadarai "The Black" Polemarkos, eladrin Warlord from the Imperium, but then I noticed there seems to be noone left in the tavern after my recruiting... so I guess there's really no reason to hurry...
I'm thinking a backstory on the lines of the Gladiator movie... unoriginal I know... but it fits a lot.
A lot of people want to play strikers, I guess doing lotsa damage is fun, but till now, I enjoyed playing more tactical roles like the defender more in 4e. Still, I haven't played any leader. So I guess I just gotta try a Warlord...

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I think I could really enjoy a controller or a leader, and I'm really enjoying Raiyek, but the avenger is just ... I can't resist :)

But who knows, maybe I'll get to take the avenger for a spin elsewhere before I make one here, and I'll end up going with something else. If I could make my 2nd character right now and the PHB2 was approved, though, it would be avenger all the way ;)

CaBaNa

First Post
I wonder if my Druid would make a good mount when in beast form? I suppose it would only work for small PC's, like Gnomes, Halflings... But that might be a fun little RP element!

Remove ads