D&D 5E What D&D Product Can Be Seen In The Crystals?

WotC has posted an image of a pile of crystals through which distorted glimpses of what looks like a product can be seen. In the comments below, folks have been flipping, enhancing, and generally squinting at the image behind the crystals, and while it's hard to make out, guesses include 'Journey Through the Radiant Ocean' (although I personally think that first letter looks more like an X or...

WotC has posted an image of a pile of crystals through which distorted glimpses of what looks like a product can be seen. In the comments below, folks have been flipping, enhancing, and generally squinting at the image behind the crystals, and while it's hard to make out, guesses include 'Journey Through the Radiant Ocean' (although I personally think that first letter looks more like an X or K than a J). 'Citadel' is also a popular guess for that last word--'Journey(s) to/from the Radiant Citadel'? Take a look and see what you think (or check the comments for flipped and enhanced versions).

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 6.59.03 PM.png

In Spelljammer lore, the phlogiston--the space between the crystal spheres in which the prime material worlds can be found--is also known as the 'Rainbow Ocean'. And crystal seem on-brand for crystals spheres.

Below the text, the image appears to be of some kind of marketplace. Above it, WotC wrote "Through the depths of the Ethereal Plane is a beacon of possibility and adventure... "

There was apparently a press event today, pending some kind of product announcement on Tuesday.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Journey Through The Radiant Ocean?
The text above the picture is "a beacon of possibility and adventure" in the Ethereal plane.

While in a vacuum I'd think Radiant Ocean is a good guess, that bit of text throws a weird spin on it because I don't think of the Ethereal as a Radiant Ocean - if it's an ocean it's a foggy one.

The text above has me thinking of a lighthouse in the Deep Ethereal. How that fits with everything else I have no idea, but that's my initial reaction.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Yeah. That looks more like Journey.

Maybe an AP of the radiant triangle with the Rock of Bral as the centerpiece.

Or the Spelljammer ship name mentioned before. But the next letter is definitely rounded, not flat edged. So not Dragon or Triangle. My guess is Ocean.

Journey (t)? the Radiant Ocean.

Man. I hope it’s Spelljammer and they don’t screw it up.

Last edited:

GarrettKP

Explorer
Ok, after staring at it for an hour I think this is the best guess I have:

The book is titled something like “Journey(s) Through/In/Of the Radiant (Something)” and it’s an Adventure Anthology that presents planar adventures, using Sigil and the Planescape setting as a hub world the same way they used Candlekeep, Saltmarsh, and the Yawning Portal as hubs for their previous anthologies.

Remove ads

Remove ads