What did you (or would you!) name your kids, and why?

kenobi65

First Post
When we were trying to have kids, we'd picked the name "Hannah" for a girl. Never got around to narrowing down on a boy name.

And, we wound up not having kids, so it's moot.

Raven Crowking

First Post
My firstborn was named Michael after my best friend, who died when I was in High School (he had a congenintal heart disease, so it wasn't altogether unexpected). My second was named Heather, and my third is Zoe Rose.

RC

Mycanid

First Post
Ah phooey ... I love children but will never get married (who would marry a fungus anyway! :confused: ) and have kids. Long story.

Anyhoo ... as for names I wanted BEFORE I came to this decision:

Boy: Sebastian - I just LOVE this name and always have.

Girl: I must admit to being partial to Hannah. I have always thought it is simply a beautiful name.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Mycanid said:
Ah phooey ... I love children but will never get married (who would marry a fungus anyway! :confused: ) and have kids. Long story.

Anyhoo ... as for names I wanted BEFORE I came to this decision:

Boy: Sebastian - I just LOVE this name and always have.

Girl: I must admit to being partial to Hannah. I have always thought it is simply a beautiful name.
Come on you would name your kids Portabella or something.

kenobi65

First Post
JRRNeiklot said:
HEH, I think my nephew was 15 before he learned his name wasn't "little bastard."

There's that old Bill Cosby routine, where he thought, when he was a kid, that his name was "Jesus Christ." As in, "Jesus Christ, what are you doing this time?"

Harmon

First Post
My daughter (whom was born this last year) is named- Kathloryne DeHaze aka Kate aka Bug aka "Destroyer of Worlds" (wonder if anyone will spot that one?)

Should my wife and I get a son he will be named- Jaden or Jeremy Amos.

Names with lots of options is the idea- so if they don't like there full name then they will have a couple they can break their name down into without getting weirdly creatative.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I was and Still am a big fan of Sliders and Red Dwarf. I'd love to have three sons and three daughters, that is after I get hitched. So with respect to Sliders, I want to name one of my boys Quinn. And with respect to Red Dwarf I'd love to name the other sonm Lister. On top of that I was named after my father, and would love to carry on this tradition and name another son after myself. Not sure if the third to inheret the name would be the II or the III.

Jesus_marley

First Post
It doesn't matter if I have a boy or girl, but when I eventually do breed, My kid is going to have the name Kelly in there somewhere. It was my brother's name and I want my kid to have some kind of connection to him.

Remove ads