• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you miss from the good ol' days?

Raven Crowking

First Post
Shortman McLeod said:
Ah . . . so you make your players carry and read your 600 page houserule book?

:confused:

Are you kidding?

I'm no longer the only one running games with the material.

My players prefer the changes to the D&D RAW. When I recently started a RAW D&D game, my own son opted out because I wasn't using "the good rules". :D :heh:

Zendragon

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
WHAT?

I've encountered rules lawyers in every edition of D&D. Heck, I've encountered rules lawyers in almost every RPG or wargame I've played.

Back in '85 when I started, I never ran into one. There were people who knew the rules, but didn't have that arrogant swagger or disruptive to the play.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Raven Crowking said:
Are you kidding?

I'm no longer the only one running games with the material.

My players prefer the changes to the D&D RAW. When I recently started a RAW D&D game, my own son opted out because I wasn't using "the good rules". :D :heh:

Any chance a person could get a copy of the "good rules"? ;)

If so, my e-mail is trampas (at) dragonhelm (dot) net. :)

Raven Crowking

First Post
Dragonhelm said:
Any chance a person could get a copy of the "good rules"? ;)

If so, my e-mail is trampas (at) dragonhelm (dot) net. :)

They're still in alpha playtest, so there are some typos and I am looking for feedback. I could start sending you pdfs as soon as today, if you like (Races), and then when you give me some feedback I'll send you Classes.

There is some non-OGC in there, so you cannot post the pdfs or redistribute, please. Of course, feel free to use them within your own gaming group!

If this sounds good to you, I'll try to send you Races by this afternoon, depending upon how busy things get here at work.

RC

EDIT: You might be pleased to see the term "demihumans" revived for humans with templates, such as "Half Elf", "Half Goblin" and "Spirit Folk". :)

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Raven Crowking said:
They're still in alpha playtest, so there are some typos and I am looking for feedback. I could start sending you pdfs as soon as today, if you like (Races), and then when you give me some feedback I'll send you Classes.

There is some non-OGC in there, so you cannot post the pdfs or redistribute, please. Of course, feel free to use them within your own gaming group!

If this sounds good to you, I'll try to send you Races by this afternoon, depending upon how busy things get here at work.

RC

EDIT: You might be pleased to see the term "demihumans" revived for humans with templates, such as "Half Elf", "Half Goblin" and "Spirit Folk". :)

Sounds good to me, and no worries on not redistributing.

Kestrel

Explorer
Not having to work and hanging out with my friends gaming for the entire weekend.

Our only worry was that the GM's mom would make him go home early for church.

Hussar

Legend
Zendragon said:
Back in '85 when I started, I never ran into one. There were people who knew the rules, but didn't have that arrogant swagger or disruptive to the play.

Good grief, you certainly didn't play with the people I played with then. I've seen rules lawyering in every edition. There's a reason Rules Lawyer is a term that predates 3e by a couple of decades.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Hussar said:
Good grief, you certainly didn't play with the people I played with then. I've seen rules lawyering in every edition. There's a reason Rules Lawyer is a term that predates 3e by a couple of decades.

More than a couple. :lol:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads