• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you think of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide?

DM-Rocco

Explorer
What do you think of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide?

Personally I was expecting more. I was expecting a few new races, some new feats, maybe some new spells, maybe a new class or two and certainly some 4e stats for Elminster and maybe even Drizzt. I'm personally on the fence about 4e, I like some stuff and others I could care less for, but I did buy this because I thought it would contain some of the above info to expand the game and make it a bit more interesting.

I'm sure it contains a lot or useful info and I will find other uses for it than the above, but my first thoughts are a little disappointing.

What are your thoughts on the book?

Timeboxer

Explorer
You bought the wrong book, then -- you're wanting the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, coming next month.

I'm still flipping through it. I unabashedly disliked the old Forgotten Realms, but the new one almost seems manageable.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
You bought the wrong book, then -- you're wanting the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, coming next month.

I'm still flipping through it. I unabashedly disliked the old Forgotten Realms, but the new one almost seems manageable.

Dang it:eek:

I suppose that makes sense when I think about it but yes, that isthe one I wanted:(

Well, it does have stats for Szass Tam. That is almost worth it right there :)

Wormwood

Adventurer
Reminds me of the old Grey Box---my favorite incarnation of the Realms.

I don't run Realms, but I'll definitely be looting this thing for my own Points of Light game.

Remove ads