What Epic Monster types do you most want to see?

Which Epic Monster types do you most want to see?

• Abominations & Entities (Cosmic Abominations)

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Angels (all the way up to Metatron)

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Daemons (Altraloths, Oinoloths, Four Horsemen etc.)

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Demons (Demon Princes, Lilith etc.)

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Devils (Archdevils, Ancient Baatrorians, Lucifer etc.)

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Dragons (Platinum Dragons, Black Hole Dragons etc.)

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Elementars (Sins) & Elementals (Warp Elemental etc.)

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Golems (Force Golems, Quark Golems etc.)

• Inevitables (Transformers from different Progress Levels)

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Intelligibles & Humanoids (dimensional playable races)

• Magical Beasts & Monsters (Great Beast, Infinitaur)

• Pseudonaturals (Lovecraftian/Far Realm creatures)

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Umbrals (Anti-beings) & Nightshades

• Undead: Mummies, Vampires, Wights and Ghosts

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Undead: Death Knights, Liches, Shadows and Revenants

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Something Else (Post Below)

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Poll closed .

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Somewhat unrelated topic...if I were to see a god of disease...I'd like to see a god of disease and love. Essentially an evil STD carrying woman of incredible beauty that seduces male gods and gives them divine diseases.

Perhaps she could spawn a race of nasty, obese, abominations this way? Of course this would have to be detailed as ADULT CONTENT...but it would help put a stop to all those perverts in the majority of immature campaigns. *pukes at the thought of a giant crab infested clam*

dante58701 said:
Somewhat unrelated topic

Possibly more suited to the Bestiary*...though when has posting in the wrong thread ever bothered you I guess. :D

*...and no, don't post it in the Bestiary thread as well.

dante58701 said:
...if I were to see a god of disease...I'd like to see a god of disease and love. Essentially an evil STD carrying woman of incredible beauty that seduces male gods and gives them divine diseases.

Perhaps she could spawn a race of nasty, obese, abominations this way? Of course this would have to be detailed as ADULT CONTENT...but it would help put a stop to all those perverts in the majority of immature campaigns. *pukes at the thought of a giant crab infested clam*

Regarding the idea of such Adult content, I always found it rather unpalatable in products. Its fine for the DM to introduce at their own gaming tables of course. I mean it doesn't take much logic to surmise demons would rape individuals, but at the same time its not something we need to discuss in products.

Hiya mate! :)

mercucio said:
No fey love?

I only have three epic Fey at this time waiting in the wings to be used in Bestiary 'x'. So I didn't see it as aa group that would fill even a small product.

Personally I always thought Fey and Eladrin were the same things, that seems to be the case for 4E (or at least such a bond is recognised). Whether that will stir my creative juices in the future remains to be seen.

Howdy Frukathka matey! :)

Frukathka said:
Lets see those Demon Princes! :]

The small problem with Demon Princes is that all the main ones have been detailed and I don't want to do my own version of Demogorgon or Orcus, primarily because I wouldn't be able to include them in any 'for sale' material*.

*Even though both names can be found in myth/occult lore, they are D&D Icons and changing details like Demogorgons twin heads and Orcus wand is not something that agrees with me.

On the other hand I do plan a rather dramatic change to the Devils, more in keeping with their occult origins.

So thinking about it, I probably don't have enough current demon based monsters to fill even a small pdf. In fact only five demons currently spring to mind: Lilith (Mother of Demons*). Kabiri (detailed in Bestiary #1), Type VII demons (mentioned in Bestiary #1 in Kabiri's entry), Star Demon (from Gods & Monsters) and Warp Demon.

*Who seems to be equal parts Lolth, Pale Night and the Queen of Chaos.

I'm sure with some research I could unearth some intersting demons to detail.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Well, okay. Then how about this suggestion: a Demon Prince/Princess template! Give it all the abilities Demon Princes should have as their base abilities. Then add in tiers of abilities to choose or roll from. Personally, I'd love to see this as I need to stat out some unique ones for my homebrew, and don't have an inkling of where to start.

Just an idea.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Agreed, I absolutely love this concept. And Daemon/Devil Prince template as well. As well as something for fiends that is the opposite of Flaga.

Remove ads