What Epic Monster types do you most want to see?

Which Epic Monster types do you most want to see?

• Abominations & Entities (Cosmic Abominations)

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Angels (all the way up to Metatron)

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Daemons (Altraloths, Oinoloths, Four Horsemen etc.)

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Demons (Demon Princes, Lilith etc.)

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Devils (Archdevils, Ancient Baatrorians, Lucifer etc.)

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Dragons (Platinum Dragons, Black Hole Dragons etc.)

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Elementars (Sins) & Elementals (Warp Elemental etc.)

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Golems (Force Golems, Quark Golems etc.)

• Inevitables (Transformers from different Progress Levels)

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Intelligibles & Humanoids (dimensional playable races)

• Magical Beasts & Monsters (Great Beast, Infinitaur)

• Pseudonaturals (Lovecraftian/Far Realm creatures)

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Umbrals (Anti-beings) & Nightshades

• Undead: Mummies, Vampires, Wights and Ghosts

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Undead: Death Knights, Liches, Shadows and Revenants

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Something Else (Post Below)

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Poll closed .

jedrious

First Post
Personally I'd like to see the Intelligibles and Humanoids done first, something to keep meddlesome Immortals from directly interfering with the mortal realm

dante58701

Banned
Banned
We need more humanoids, this is true, but we severely lack templates for fiends. Though as far as humanoids go...we couldn't have much in the way of epic without making it an outsider or immense in size. I hate the fact that to breach 3 HD a humanoid must either be immense in size or an outsider. I suppose he could go the route of DBZ, where the race's true form is an immense monster of some sort. Which would go a long way to explain that immense power.

I suggest a humanoid race, where their true form is some sort of Macro-Medium lizard or mantid. Or perhaps a humanoid race that by their very nature breaks the laws of nature and is more than 3 HD.

Howdy amigo! :)

Frukathka said:
Well, okay. Then how about this suggestion: a Demon Prince/Princess template! Give it all the abilities Demon Princes should have as their base abilities. Then add in tiers of abilities to choose or roll from. Personally, I'd love to see this as I need to stat out some unique ones for my homebrew, and don't have an inkling of where to start.

Just an idea.

It is often the uniqueness of Demon Princes (or indeed most creatures) that makes them stand out. Thats why the idea of a Demon Prince template may not yield great results.

That said, my abomination templates for Drakainai, Gigantes and Titans (Entities) are fairly cool, albeit in a much more focused area. So it may be plausible. But demon princes are about as diverse a bunch as you could get. You may as well roll up some random deities from the Ascension 'Create Your Own Immortal' tables.

dante58701 said:
There is such a table?

Yes, pages 26-27 of the pdf (or page 25-26 of the print version labelling). Under the esoteric heading of "Creating Your Own Deities" there are four tables that let you determine Hit Dice, Number of Classes, Ability Scores and Ability Score Displacement.

Hey all! :)

Thanks to everyone who voted so far.

At this stage it seems like you are favouring:

Tier 1

Dragons, Pseudonaturals, Abominations, Angels and Umbrals

Tier 2

Devils, Intelligibles, Demons, Daemons, Undead (Death Knights & Liches)

Tier 3

Magical Beasts, Inevitables, Golems, Undead (Mummies & Vampires) and Elementars

I'll probably think about a small Pseudonatural Bestiary after the Gods part of Gods & Monsters (which will follow Ascension).

So "Ascension"...then the "Gods" part of Gods & Monsters...then something on "Pseudonaturals". Somewhere in between those I might release Version 6 of the CR/EL doc (if anyones still interested in that?). Following that I may do an abbreviated version of "Grimoire.*"

*By abbreviated I mean just the main rules with dimensional magic and a few spell examples rather than the 100 sample spells I had planned.

I'll have another poll for you tomorrow. ;)

Thanks again.

XR TRON

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
I am thinking 8 epic dragons, 4 cosmic, 2 nehaschimic and 1 other. Fieari's descriptor temporarily evades my memory (muhtamic or something like that?) curse my memory, I have it written down somewhere.

What is this 'Muhtamic' supposed to be like? A step up from Nehaschimic?

Howdy XR TRON! :)

XR TRON said:
What is this 'Muhtamic' supposed to be like? A step up from Nehaschimic?

In simplistic terms, yes.

My thoughts are that I would possibly replace Quasar Dragon with Pulsar Dragon (on the Nehaschimic tier) and kick the Quasar Dragon up a notch.

XR TRON

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Howdy XR TRON! :)

In simplistic terms, yes.

My thoughts are that I would possibly replace Quasar Dragon with Pulsar Dragon (on the Nehaschimic tier) and kick the Quasar Dragon up a notch.

Sounds sweet, but I don't think Quasar is epic enough. Here's some info on why: "While there was initially some controversy over the nature of these objects, there is now a scientific consensus that a quasar is a compact halo of matter surrounding the central supermassive black hole of a young galaxy." This seems analagous to a smoke cloud and a fire. Between those two, which is probably more potent? I can't think of any better names right now, but Brane or Strong Symmetric are both there for you to play with. :p

Remove ads