What happened?

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: My bluff's a bit better. I'll admit, though, I seem to have forgotten what bluff it was that I was going to use once I got inside. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.... bluff DR 15+8=23!

Moggthegob

First Post
The Shifter scratches" Duh well if your sure but if the boss dont want to see ya, it aint my fault what happens next. Ya think hed ov told us 'e wos espectin 'ouse lyrandar te-day"

You are lead up a ladder into what is essentially a glorified treehouse with al lthe fix-ins, fine furniture beautiful women, a good deal of gambling and at the center of it all is a big,boisterous laughing half-orc in a suit made of glamerweave with his hair slicked backinto a ponytail with golden rings on his polished mini-tusks playign some sort of intricate card game.

The shifter works up his courage" Eh, boss, 'Ouse Lyrandar es back. Sez they gots importants things to talk bout"

The half orc stops playing and says " I have no meetign for today either you or they must be mistaken. SO please do tell them to make an appointment if they would like some of my time but as of right now as I have an important card game to get back to. As he says this he never acknowledges you but does so in a way that it almost seems polite. He then picks up his cards and continues to play.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven smiles at the shifter, and pats him on the shoulder as if to dismiss him. "Thank you." she says.

She then takes a step back to confer with the group. "We know Sacha D'Lyrander was here, then. Or that seems a safe assumption to me. We know he arrived here in Zarash'ak safely, and now we know who he bought the shards from. I don't know that we will be able to find out anything more from Cartran today. Not without a hefty bribe."

"I'd hoped Cartran would have something more to tell us about Sacha. Our employer thinks that if the ship left Zarash'ak, it would have been lost on the Zarash'ak river. But we just sailed up the Zarash'ak river without seeing any sign of it. I don't want to go wandering aimlessly in the swamp, looking for it, so I'm hoping to find more clues in the city itself. It's even possible that Cartran here had them killed after the trade in order to keep the payment and the shards."

"Does anyone have ideas of what to do next? We could try to find the harbor where the ship was docked. Or we could try to contact our employer via House Sivis to find out how she knew Sacha arrived in Zarash'ak safely. It does complicate our investigation to have sworn not to reveal that she ship has been lost."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I can close my eyes and listen to the spirits. It seems likely that we must search in the marsh to find the ship, but for now, Raven, you are our most talented at dealing with the city. I am content to let you take charge here and look for some more leads--I will do what you need me to do."

Manzanita

First Post
Lyrander Captain said:
"...Coming through Zarash bay is the easiest way and leads to the mainarea. However, if he had business on the other side of the city he would have gone through the swamp, which while trickier is doable..."

OOC: I'm wondering if by going to see Cartran, we seem to have passed over to 'the other side of the city.'

I'm going camping on the oregon coast this w/e, & won't post again until Sunday evening, probably. I don't want to dominate this group, and if anyone else wants to approach Cartran or whatever, please do so. Raven wants to try something before we leave, and I'll go head & post it in sblocks below. This way I wont' slow you guys down, plus, I won't forget what it was I wanted to do when I come back with a head full of sand.

IC: When the party is ready to leave: [sblock]Raven hands the shifter a silver coin. "I wonder if there's a short cut back to the docks. I think there must be a faster way than we came. Can you tell me how you would get there?" she asks him.

OOC2: Raven's purpose here is to try to find out where the shifter would assume they would have docked. Would he assume they're coming from the main docks, or from the back nearer to the swamp route. He might not know, of course, but our next step, I think, is to find out where Sacha's ship had docked. Heck, it might even still be there....[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"I can close my eyes and listen to the spirits. It seems likely that we must search in the marsh to find the ship, but for now, Raven, you are our most talented at dealing with the city. I am content to let you take charge here and look for some more leads--I will do what you need me to do."
"Maybe we'll find the dragon shaped shards there too!" Lily says, all excited.

Moggthegob

First Post
Cartran, seeing you ready to leave says " leaving so soon i had hoped to take some o' your money in cards.. well Garl can tak you back to where you usually dock and help you set off." with that the shifter goes off toward th back of the tree house.

Remove ads