What is/are your most recent TTRPG purchase(s)?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Haven't spent much yet this year; but I did give a buddy $5 for a bunch of zine-sized games: Barrowkeep, Realms of Peril (2 books), and Seco Creek Vigilance Committee. Oh also most recently my monthly Patreon ding

Staffan

Legend
Technically: a 36d6 brick, intended to be used as Effect/Combat dice should I get around to running Star Trek Adventures or one of the other later 2d20 games.

More relevantly, a big chunk of Infinity sourcebooks I bought during Modiphius's Black Friday deal.

harunmushod

Explorer
In reverse order. Things that arrived in last two weeks:
1. Runequest 3rd Ed - the unlamented 3rd ed, the hardback core and advanced rulebooks published by Games Workshop unser licence from Avalon Hill and Chaosium back in the 80s. If you're going to run 3rd ed RQ then the Games Workshop version is the way to go. Friend of mine has run a 3rd edition RQ campaign on and off for years, and I've played without having any of my own materials. One was cheap on ebay, the other more expensive from Shop on the Bodrekands.
2. Dragonbane bestiary. Just published. I've run Dragonbane as a one-shot after backing the Kickstarter, and liked the system. Will run more.
3. AD&D 1e Dungeon Masters Guide. Cheap on ebay. Used to own it, and still have the Players Handbook and Monster Manual but mislaid my DMG decades ago. Hoping to run some OSE soon and just wanted to read the miscellany in this section particularly in relation to wilderness adventures.
4. Mongoose Traveller Aliens of Charted Space Vol 3. Traveller is what I'm currently running.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Yesterday, the Doctor Who Sourcebook PDF 60% off Bundle. I already had the PDF sourcebooks for doctors 1-12 so it was just completing the line with 13 which meant I got that one for $9.15 instead of $22.99. I love that Drivethru bundles do not charge you for stuff you already have.

I am a decently big Doctor Who fan, I saw some scattered episodes as a kid in the 70s and 80s (enough to give me some nightmares) but really got into it in the 2000s. I have seen all the old episodes that Netflix had on DVDs back when they had that service and all of New Who but only a few audio adventures and some of the old magazines that a friend had. I have read only a very few of the novels or stories and I have a few books on Doctor Who monsters and encyclopedia types and such.

I have a lot of Doctor Who RPG stuff from Cubicle 7 but mostly as interesting reading and source material, I do not expect to play or run the system. Occasional stuff tips over into my D&D games, I imagined Baba Yaga's hut as a big Tardis and her with many regenerations and time travel shenanigans in my Reign of Winter campaign for example, and I am using some Dalek and Cyberman themes in my current Iron Gods Sci-Fi in D&D world game.

I like Jodi Whittaker but felt her series was really let down by poor writing, but I am still glad to get the sourcebook for her run. I used her Doctor as a cameo steampunk NPC in a gothic horror 5e game a few years ago when the party was at Lepdistadt University which had a bit of a Mad Science theme going in some of its departments.

Last edited:

MintRabbit

Explorer
Most recent purchase was Apocalypse Keys, but since then I asked for Rotted Capes for Christmas, so I've been reading that right now! I bought Apocalypse Keys because I really like the premise of monsters ending the apocalypse (and I like Hellboy), and I bought Rotted Capes because a friend of mine is really big into both superheroes and zombies, and I want to run a RC game for him.

I've run Apocalypse Keys and really enjoyed it, the mystery set up is well laid out and the mystery clock makes it easy to pace. I'm a little less certain of Rotted Capes, but I haven't yet made a character for it and character creation is usually where I iron out a lot of details.

Recent acquisitions:
  • The World's Greatest Screen from Hammerdog Games
  • Americana
  • Isle of Sedra Sourcebook for The Fantasy Trip
  • The Devil's Workshop for the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game (GURPS)
  • Brindlewood Bay
  • Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk

R_J_K75

Legend
Pre-ordered Cthulhu Awakens: The AGE RPG of the Weird Century from Green Ronin, got the pdf but not the physical book yet, should come soon I'm hoping.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I picked up Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants and the Deluxe Gamemaster's Guide for Mutants and Masterminds. I'm enjoying both of them. The M&M books have been pretty good at analyzing the superhero genre and providing tips for GMing them (plus one of my friends worked on it). And Bigby's Giants is proving useful in adapting Kings of the Rift (chapter 10 for Age of Worms) to 5e.

Remove ads