• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is that spell called?

shadyizok

Explorer
I remember reading over a spell about a year back and I want to use it now but for the life of me I can't seem to remember what it's called or where it's found. I've looked around in my books but no such luck and I'm beginning to suspect I must have dreamt it or something.
Maybe one of you guys knows the spell I'm talking about:

lvl 3 (i think), makes your existing energy resistance 30, but doesn't grant any.

Anyone ever heard of this thing?

FEADIN

Explorer
There is an epic feat that grants 10 more but I think I saw the one you speak or something equal in the Spell Compendium.

Starbuck_II

First Post
I remember reading over a spell about a year back and I want to use it now but for the life of me I can't seem to remember what it's called or where it's found. I've looked around in my books but no such luck and I'm beginning to suspect I must have dreamt it or something.
Maybe one of you guys knows the spell I'm talking about:

lvl 3 (i think), makes your existing energy resistance 30, but doesn't grant any.

Anyone ever heard of this thing?

Spell seems rather weak.
I mean with 11 caster level, Resist energy (2nd level spell) grants 30.

I think you imagined it.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Spell seems rather weak.
I mean with 11 caster level, Resist energy (2nd level spell) grants 30.

I think you imagined it.

Not to mention, a psion can manifest the same power (Energy Adaptation) and have it apply to every form of energy for energy resistance 30 at 13th level.

shadyizok

Explorer
I think you imagined it.

:(

I know it doesn't sound too strong but I was hoping to look over it to see if it was maybe a lvl lower or something. I wanted to use it with the celestial cloak my character has right now. I found it as some random treasure and it looked all pretty and stuff so my character (who is kinda vain) wanted it. But acid/cold/electricity resistance 1 isn't all that shabby.
I'm playing a level 4 factotem and if the spell was lvl2 I could have taken it to cast at that time in need. Acid/cold/electricity resistance 30 on lvl 4 is kinda nice :D

But o well.

On an unrelated note:
Has there ever been an update to the players handbook? Because last friday I came to the realisation that my copy states that Rightious Might (p273) grants damage reduction 3/evil which becomes 6 and 9 respectively but all my friends' copies state damage reduction 5.

The only diference I could find is that my copy states:
first printing: july 2003, special edition october 2004
on the first page, while my friends' just state:
first printing: july 2003

anyone heard of this one before (and are there any other changes?)

FEADIN

Explorer
Here:
Official D&D Updates

Righteous Might​
Player’s Handbook​
, page 273
Changes to the spell’s description are noted in
boldface

type:​
This spell causes you to grow, doubling your height
and multiplying your weight by 8.​
This increase
changes your size category to the next larger one, and
you gain a
+4 size bonus to Strength and a +2 size bonus
to Constitution. You gain a
+2 enhancement bonus to
your natural armor. You gain damage reduction
3/evil (if
you normally channel positive energy) or damage
reduction
3/good (if you normally channel negative
energy). At 12th level this damage reduction becomes

6/evil​
or 6/good, and at 15th level it becomes 9/evil or

9/good (the maximum).

Voadam

Legend
I would look over the spell compendium, see if there is anything like an "Enhance Resistance" spell.

Don't have mine on hand to look it up for you.

cheshire_grin

First Post
I looked through the 3rd-level spells in the Spell Compendium lists, here are the ones that seem similar:
Energized Shield gives resistance 10 (and can shield bash).
Dragonskin: natural armor + energy resistance 10

Resist Energy, Mass is a 3rd level spell. There's no "Enhance Resistance" that I saw, or anything like it, but it was just a quick scan.

Remove ads