• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what is the best 3e module?

orbitalfreak

First Post
Although I haven't been able to play/DM all of them yet, I've read through the WotC Adventure Path modules. My favourites were Heart of Nightfang Spire for its dungeon-crawling goodness with a cool backstory; the other one I liked was Bastion of Broken Souls. Very nice story behind it, and a truly epic feel to the adventure (as it should be, since it borders on (capital "e") Epic Levels).

I'd vote for BoBS as best, but HoNS is a real close second.

note: no experience with non-WotC modules.

King_Stannis

Explorer
Hmm, a toughie. My first inclination is to go with a Necromancer product - Rappan Athuk or Hall of the Rainbow Mage.

However, I'm going to plug a lesser known adventure from Auran D20 - It's called "Sanctuary". Production values are outstanding - it comes with a CD that has 3d pics of several areas in the adventure as well as its own soundtrack! The story is well told, even though it might be a tad cliche. Still, My players liked it and I loved running it. A fantastic value.

Corinth

First Post
I'm torn between Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil and City of the Spider Queen, but I have a soft spot for The Sunless Citadel.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads