• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is THE standard of hex grids?

grodog

Hero
Oh? And how would you draw on such a board? :)

Well, if I was building a prototype, I'd do one with matte black colors and see if standard Expo non-black pens would write on it, and I'd also investigate the availability (if any) for white dry erase pens (and then, if available, bulk purchases :D ).

I just figured the non-black pens would work fine, but hey, that's why it's an experiment, right? :D

I haven't done the math, but do these sizes corelate with metric, or do they not match up at all?

Without breaking out my slide rule - I think this covers 15mm to 54mm for the most part. For wargaming, it should really fit the bill. As for RPG, some of us old fogies still remember indoor is square/outdoor is hex. :)

Intrope

First Post
I've long used a set of 1" hex tiles, and sometimes it does become a bit choked if there are lots of critters on the map. 1.25" might be better but I'd think 1.5" would be too large (not enough hexes in the table space available).

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
That's easy! Just rotate the map 90 degrees and off you go. :lol:

LOL!

I loved those clear transparencies with the hex grids printed on them that TSR included in some of their boxed campaign settings like the original Ravenloft boxed set for use with the overland maps back in the day.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads