• Mounds

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Almond Joy

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lemonhead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whoppers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other terrible candy not listed (see my post below)

Votes: 12 19.4%

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Tonight, I'm giving out Hi-Chews.

Why Hi-Chews? We usually end up having to eat all of the Halloween candy ourselves, since we rarely have any trick-or-treaters come calling...and my wife and I like 'em well enough. And we've already eaten all of the chocolate "fun size" candy bars.
View attachment 265287
Yeah, I try to pick stuff im not a fan of in case I have too many leftovers. Hence the bubble bubble.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tonight, I'm giving out Hi-Chews.

Why Hi-Chews? We usually end up having to eat all of the Halloween candy ourselves, since we rarely have any trick-or-treaters come calling...and my wife and I like 'em well enough. And we've already eaten all of the chocolate "fun size" candy bars.

Every years the stores start selling Halloween candy earlier and earlier. I think it's so that people will buy some, eat it, and then have to buy more "for the kids".

Undrave

Legend
I'm just going by the photo. The Nestlé Smarties look like chocolate that got too warm and then you put it in the refrigerator hoping to save it but it still turned out white and gritty. But if they are anything like m&m's, then I'm sure they are better than pressed sugar!
Yeah they're like M&Ms but the candy coating has a bit more of a 'crunch' to it.

payn

Yeah they're like M&Ms but the candy coating has a bit more of a 'crunch' to it.
Sixlets?
21f8e22ea05e5b0c0c01eca4a551e0c8_360x.jpg

With 12 votes (23%), it looks like candy corn remains the King of (Bad) Candy for 2022.

I don't really get the hate. I happen to like candy corn (especially when mixed with salted roasted peanuts.) It's not my favorite candy, to be fair, but it's not terrible--I'd choose it over 15 other candies on this list.
I voted for candy corn because of the trash candies it is the one that has the most consistent defenders, and thus it is the one I can actually still get riled up about as an adult. I easily hate the actual taste of whoppers more, but nobody has tried to foist a whopper on me since my trick-or-treating days, whereas candy corn persists. It does not have the common decency of the other trash candies to know it's a trash candy that needs to stay in its trash candy lane and stick to being something consumed by children in late November when all the good candy is gone. Candy corn thinks it's real candy. Candy corn thinks it should get invited to adult parties. And a fair number of people share candy corn's delusion.

Is it the worst candy on taste grounds? No. Is it the one I hate the most? Yes.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I voted for candy corn because of the trash candies it is the one that has the most consistent defenders, and thus it is the one I can actually still get riled up about as an adult. I easily hate the actual taste of whoppers more, but nobody has tried to foist a whopper on me since my trick-or-treating days, whereas candy corn persists. It does not have the common decency of the other trash candies to know it's a trash candy that needs to stay in its trash candy lane and stick to being something consumed by children in late November when all the good candy is gone. Candy corn thinks it's real candy. Candy corn thinks it should get invited to adult parties. And a fair number of people share candy corn's delusion.
Methinks the Benjamin doth protest too much.

I wish I had your problem with persistent candy corn; I can't remember the last time anyone ever gave me some. I always have to buy my own candy corn...if I can even find it. Usually the stores are sold out a week before Halloween.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Dots yet. Not only do they taste like cleaning chemicals, they are so sticky that they'll pull out your fillings if you eat enough of them.

1667251165631.png

payn

Methinks the Benjamin doth protest too much.

I wish I had your problem with persistent candy corn; I can't remember the last time anyone ever gave me some. I always have to buy my own candy corn...if I can even find it. Usually the stores are sold out a week before Halloween.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Dots yet. Not only do they taste like cleaning chemicals, they are so sticky that they'll pull out your fillings if you eat enough of them.

View attachment 265295
Dots got nothing on juju bees. You can feel them destroying your teeth if you can mange to even chew them!
615Jhzy4LQL.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
What's a Necco Wafer, or am I better off in ignorance?

As mentioned, they're slightly similar in composition to candy hearts, but not quite as chalky, or as crunchy. And they're shaped like round flat wafers.

One reason a lot of folks don't like them is that, up until recently, they were still made with the same original formula they'd been using since before the American Civil War, which meant that, for most modern folks, they're somewhat tasteless and the flavors they come in aren't really comparable to other modern candy with those flavors.

I personally like them, and they're one of those candies that has both a strong base of fans and some very vocal detractors.

Dots got nothing on juju bees. You can feel them destroying your teeth if you can mange to even chew them!
615Jhzy4LQL.jpg

I like Dots.

Juju Bees are what happens when you add artificial flavoring to plastic-extrusion-molding pellets.

Remove ads