• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite PrC from Masters of the Wild?

What is your favorite Prestige Class from Masters of the Wild?

• Animal Lord

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Deepwood Sniper

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Forsaker

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Geomancer

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Oozemaster

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Shifter

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Tempest

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Verdant Lord

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Windrider

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.5%

EOL

First Post
Due to an interesting turn of events I get to start playing in a new campaign in a couple of weeks. And I'm shooting for the Shifter prestige class, and that my friends is the highest compliment I can give a PrC, that I choose it over the tens if not hundreds of other PrC's out there.

I voted animal lord for PC, since it'd just be fun to be able to polymorph into your chosen creature at will, and have a bunch of them as your allies. It'd also make a nice villain, with say a wolflord (though an Elephant lord would be cool!).

But for villainous nastiness, I have to go with the undead druid prestige class. What was it called again? Just the thought of a druid accompanied by a small army of emaciated, rotting forest creatures is revolting enough to make a great encounter. Or, ooh, what about one of these druids, living in a half-sunken pirateship, with a skeletal crew haunting it, and this druid guarding its treasure with her undead shark minions.

Psion

Adventurer
Well, I'll say one thing: about half of the choices on your list I consider the weakest prestige class choices in the book. Geomancer and oozemaster, for example, are a little too wierd. (But one of my players says he wants to play a geomancer, which I guess says someting...) Forsaker is also worrisome, and reminds me bitterly of the old magic item hating barbarian of the 1e Unearthed Arcana.

Shifter is okay, but there was a similar class in OA, so the shifter is a little redundant with an existing WotC book.

I chose windrider, but I like animal lord and tamer of the beasts for similar reasons: they fill an existing need. I had been planning to write up similar prestige classes in my game for some time.

The foe hunter is somewhat bland, but very flexible and also easily fills a variety of roles in my game, such as the yuan-ti hating amazons in the south and the giant hunters in the mountainous regions of my game.

shadow

First Post
Definately Bane of the Infidels! I always thought of Druids as somewhat wussy tree huggers until I saw this prestige class. Now I can play a Druid who performs sacrifices and can burn people alive! Sort of the way Jack Chick would portray Druids ;)

Psion

Adventurer
RangerWickett said:

But for villainous nastiness, I have to go with the undead druid prestige class. What was it called again?

That's the blighter. It seemed conceptually similar to the wasteland druid in AEG's Undead, but I think I like the wasteland druid better.

Remove ads