• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite PrC from Masters of the Wild?

What is your favorite Prestige Class from Masters of the Wild?

• Animal Lord

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Deepwood Sniper

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Forsaker

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Geomancer

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Oozemaster

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Shifter

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Tempest

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Verdant Lord

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Windrider

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.5%

omedon

First Post
My favourite isn't posted.

The Bloodhound.

The bane of protective PC's. You can run, but you cannot hide, and your wussy wall of force won't stop me either.

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
FRENZIED BERSERKER!!!!!

All in all this one brought back what was missing about the 2ED Berserker kit.

Next is Shaper, Wild shape is so much cooler when you can use equipment.

orbitalfreak

First Post
I went for deepwood sniper. I've always liked the idea of a hidden bowman, and would try to be that myself, if I existed in the D&D Fantasy Universe.

Ruvion

First Post
As I do not subscribe to Dragon...

Originally posted by Eye Tyrant
I really like the Eye of Gruumsh! I thought it was cool even when it showed up in Dragon sometime back...

I remember the Blessed of Gruumsh...but did the Dragon publish the Eye of Gruumsh as well?! Don't remember seeing that class in Dragon...

Tsyr

Explorer
I voted Animal Lord...

But I've been playing a multiclass druid/sorc off and on for a while now, and just today I took a level of Geomancer. I sprouted a cat tail :)

Can anyone explain the Geomancer's Spell Versitility a bit better to me though? I may be dence, but something about the way the book phrases it makes it hard for me to understand the limitations of it.

Andor

First Post
If I understand it correctly the way spell versatility works is:

For a spell of level <= the level of your spell versatility you can mix and match aspects of arcane and divine spell casting.

For example you could cast an arcane spell wearing armour. Or you could cast a divine spell using it's arcane material component if you lost your holy symbol.

Also for a mage, the geomancer is pure gravy. Better HP, BAB, and saves. Yum! :D

-Andor

As for my favorite PrC I wanna play a shifter, but there are a bunch of really cool ones.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Re: As I do not subscribe to Dragon...

Ruvion said:

I remember the Blessed of Gruumsh...but did the Dragon publish the Eye of Gruumsh as well?! Don't remember seeing that class in Dragon...
Not AFAIK, and I have all 3e Dragons up to and including #291 (except for the Annual #5).

Henry@home

First Post
I chose the Tempest - for some reason I look at that class and immediately think "Drizzt"...

Seriously, the Shifter is quite nice, as is the Forsaker. I wouldn't mind playing a forsaker just to be a sort of "contrary" character. It's definitely different!

nick

First Post
I was hoping for more barbarian prestige classes, and was disappointed when there were only 3-4 that really applied to the barbarian (eye of gruumush, tempest, frenzied berzerker, exotic weapon master) IIRC :mad:
I was hoping for some sort of barbarian/ranger hybrid, since that is the direction that my character is going.
I found that the ranger/druid prestige classes were interesting, and wouldn't mind trying them out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads