• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Licensed RPG Do You Wish Used A Different System?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sure. I just sometimes want to proselytize because it's a really great game.

Proselyting in negation of something someone just said, in a place where they were invited to say it, is kinda rude, though. While I get you like the system, leave space for others to say their piece without getting in their face, you get what I mean?

(And that's not so much to you, personally, as to the thread in general, because this probably won't be the only time this might happen in the thread.)

Reynard

Legend
Proselyting in negation of something someone just said, in a place where they were invited to say it, is kinda rude, though. While I get you like the system, leave space for others to say their piece without getting in their face, you get what I mean?

(And that's not so much to you, personally, as to the thread in general, because this probably won't be the only time this might happen in the thread.)
I get that perspective and admit I was a bit out of line in context of the thread I started. Mea culpa.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I was going to say, that Modiphius' Star Trek could use a different underlying system. I think Cortex Prime would be a good option.
Too narrative for me. 2d20 is about as far as I ever want to go in that direction, Ns only because I love Star Trek and it's a good fit.

aramis erak

Legend
I was going to say, that Modiphius' Star Trek could use a different underlying system. I think Cortex Prime would be a good option.
Not hard to covert... the 3 labeled traits become distinctions; departmental ratings are easily done as 1=d4, 2=d6, 3=d8, 4=d10, 5=d12, and the occasional alien 6 = d14 (they're expensive, but available). Or set 1 to be d3, 5=d10, 6=d12
The 5-12 overall attribute range is more of an issue, unless you have some of the funky additional dice. Without, I'd use 4-5 = d4, 6-7 = d6, 8-9 = d8, 10-11= d10, and 12-13 = d12; with, the d = the rating.
Focuses become d6 specializations.
most traits should be d6's.
I'd use the MHRP damage mechanics, but largely build from Firefly.

Divine2021

Adventurer
Having just read it, Old Gods of Appalachia is a terrible fit for the cypher system, and is a complete mismatch when it comes to Monte Cook Games’ brand of writing style. It is legitimately not good, borderline corny as hell, and as someone from North Carolina ( and Black), borderline insulting to our cultures and peoples.

Remove ads