What multiclass builds would benefit the most from a Lore Bard 3 dip?

Zardnaar

Legend
It gets better, continue with levels of Rogue from then onwards. Once you hit Rogue 11, you can't roll lower than a 10 on any of those skills.

Eh I you have guidance and expertise in 6 skills. I would probably just take more lore bard levels

mellored

Legend
you are doing your damage with Eldritch blast. One can't sneak attack with eldritch blast so the extra rogue levels are not doing much for you.
Booming blade works great with sneak attack.

And the rest of the rogue feature work great with eldrich blast, like cunning action, expertise, dodging, extra feat.... doesn't much matter if you waste sneak attack.

mellored

Legend
I'm curious how combining it with the new version of the Favored Soul would work, relying on Charisma-based Cleric spells and metamagic on that side of the chassis.
Quicken bless.
Twin raise dead or heal.
Possibly subtle contagion or spiritual weapon. Just to do things while you hide.
Command and Spiritual Guardians are also just good spells to get, if not particularly with meta magic.

Can't think of much else.

Zardnaar

Legend

And the rest of the rogue feature work great with eldrich blast, like cunning action, expertise, dodging, extra feat.... doesn't much matter if you waste sneak attack.

except your sneak attack damage will be low vs eldritch blast.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

Booming Blade may work great with Sneak Attack, but Sneak Attack works at best okay with Booming Blade. With the exceptions of Haste, Eldritch Knight 7, or Action Surge, Booming Blade restricts you to a single attack in a round. You aren't using an attack action to trigger any bonus action attacks either. So you have a real chance of losing your sneak attack for the round.

I almost always see rogues get some way to make 2+ attacks in the round from things like dual wielding, crossbow expert, or multiclassing. Just to ensure that they can land a hit so they can deliver SA each round.

Remove ads