What, no Aeon Flux buzz?

sydbar

Explorer
I want to see it, but you have to ignore the name, its not aeon flux, its a sci-fi revenge flick.
I wish studios would stop using the names of good programs for movies that have almost nothing to do with the original series. Aeon flux, War of the worlds, and Mission impossible are all examples of movies that have stolen the name and made a movie that has almost nothing with their namesake.

sydbar said:
Aeon flux, War of the worlds, and Mission impossible are all examples of movies that have stolen the name and made a movie that has almost nothing with their namesake.

And in the case of Mission Impossible, outright crapped all over the original show by making Phelps a bad guy.

I was just watching the Aeon Flux marathon on MTV2 the other night, and I'm not seeing a lot of that show in the previews for this film. A backstory at all for the character is so far from what that character was about - Aeon's all about being enigmatic.

If you're not familiar with the show, I urge you to rent the new DVD collection of the original shows. You could also give Reign: The Conqueror a try, which is Peter Chung's gonzo take on Alexander the Great.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
aeonflux_22.jpg

Yeah, I'll probably see it.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
RigaMortus2 said:
If you're that hard up, I can mail you some pr0n ;)
If you're really interested in that stuff, and can't find it yourself you deserve to have your computer taken away.

BTW, got anything with Charlize Theron in it? ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Joker said:
Just for yutz, let's make this page take 3 hours to open.

If you're just lining the same image, then it will take very little extra time at all. :)

I never liked the original Aeon Flux - too trippy, not disjointed, so :):):):):):) up that it made no sense to me.

Charlize Theron is not that attractive to me, either (I'm dented like that - Jessica Simpson I find something wrong with, too). However, if it's totally unlike the cartoon, that's good news for me rather than bad. It might be worth seeing on DVD in 4 months, but not worth a theater ticket.

Remove ads