• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What setting would you like to see as RPG?

grodog

Hero
From someone's stuff, Aliens/Prometheus comes to the fore of my mind. I missed the game that came out in the 80's, but I did do my own version (it's rather poor, I've learned a lot since then).

I'm actually more of a fan of the Aliens: This Time It's War board/minis/war game than I am the RPG (system-wise). The RPG system is a bit too much for my tastes, but the minis game simplifies the system significantly and keeps the pace of action flowing fast.

Some pics @ FB in case anyone's curious: Facebook (you need a FB account, but the images should otherwise be publicly visible to all FB users).

Thief: dark Project should DEFINITELY be a D&D setting.

I don't normally go for steampunk settings, but I would happily make an exception for Thief!

Alien(s) just begs to be published as a Traveller setting.

I keep noodling on a Blue Planet/Eclipse Phase game in the Aliens/Prometheus universe....

Aldeon

First Post
1 A setting inspired by Solomon Kane and set in a Early Modern era (roughly 16th/17th century) with a strong presence of Fairy and gothic horror. (one of my homebrews).

There's The Savage Worlds of Solomon Kane, which is set in his setting for the Savage Worlds system. Best part is that the book actually has the Savage Worlds rules in it, so you won't have to buy the handbook separately.

VariSami

First Post
Most definitely the multiverse of Magic the Gathering. Not just Dominaria like a previous poster but things like Zendikar, Alara, Kamigawa, Mirrodin and (oh yes) Ravnica. I've tried emulating the feel of some of these planes in my own games but I really, really like the official fluff and would like it to go more in-depth.

Pokemon. I know there's a fan-made table-top RPG for that but I don't like the system at all.

The Albion of Fable II and Fable III. It's quite basic steampunk, really, but I really like the quirky humor and the world in general.

Ahnehnois

First Post
The Walking Dead seems very well suited to be an rpg.

The recent (unfortunately disappointing) movie release has me wondering why I've never gotten to play the Dark Knight (preferably the Nolan universe) in an rpg.

delericho

Legend
The recent (unfortunately disappointing) movie release has me wondering why I've never gotten to play the Dark Knight (preferably the Nolan universe) in an rpg.

Green Ronin do a "DC Heroes" RPG, which is essentially the same as "Mutants & Masterminds" 3rd edition, but with a licensing layer on the top.

delericho

Legend
I often find that sci-fi shows that get cancelled early in their run make for good candidates for a setting - there's enough material out there to set the scene, but not so much as to be prescriptive. And there's often quite a lot of potential in the setting that they haven't had time to explore.

So, things like "Caprica" or "Stargate Universe" would be my choices - not great shows in their own right, but they could make for an interesting campaign.

But the one that probably most interests me at the moment would be "Terra Nova" (the TV show, not the "Heavy Gear" setting of the same name). Yeah, it was a pretty poor show, and deserved to be cancelled, but I felt there was enough in the setting for an interesting campaign.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
After seeing the Matrix for the first time my friends and I immediately discussed how to turn it into a roleplaying game. (Although if someone did create a Matrix RPG, I hope they'd run out of funds before being able to release the Reloaded and Revolutions Sourcebooks.)

Remove ads