What setting would you love to play in?

DrZombie

First Post
Nothing 'exactly', more like a feeling : the renaissance was the period after the great plagues, where wealth (land) was concentrated to the survivors.
That general period where the musket and pistol were the weapons of choice and the armored knight was a thing of the past.

The three musketeers is in late renaissance, the pirates, leonardo da vinci was early renaissance, the french revolution...

Not an exact historical period, more a feeling.

Post Life Entity

First Post
Renaissance:
Pirates sailing the seven seas. Musketeers fighting for queen and country. The early explorations.Gunpowder. Fencing. Fancy plumes in hats and outrageous costumes.

Victorean age:
Sea battles.The colonies. The foreign legion. the wild-wild west. Six-shooters, gentlemen with swordcanes. The league of extra-ordinary gentlemen. Steam engines. Mad inventors.

Both of these would be VERY cool; I don't think I've ever seen the Victorian style games.

DrZombie

First Post
So far we've got some sci-fi fans and some renaissance pirate fans. Like an iceberg hidden in the fog, the space opera draws closer and closer, while the GM is rearranging the deckchairs :D .

any other ideas, strong opinions?

wmasters

First Post
You can put me down for the renaissance pirate idea. Some of the other settings I'd be interested to try would be stone age (I actually tried to start a campaign set in the stone age, but after discussion with the players converted this to Dark Sun), and far east - Oriental Adventures style game.

Bront

The man with the probe
I have wanted to do Post Apoc for a long time. If I had more time I'd definately join a post apoc game.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Yeah, Post Apocalyptic game would be cool. What are the good sources for that kind of stuff? Or is it best done up in future homebrew of the current world?

Dire Lemming

First Post
DrZombie said:
Nothing 'exactly', more like a feeling : the renaissance was the period after the great plagues, where wealth (land) was concentrated to the survivors.
That general period where the musket and pistol were the weapons of choice and the armored knight was a thing of the past.

The three musketeers is in late renaissance, the pirates, leonardo da vinci was early renaissance, the french revolution...

Not an exact historical period, more a feeling.

So then sort of from 1500 to 1800? Hey, how about something to do with factories in the mid seventeen hundreds?! It's what I'm studying in my world history course right now! :p

DrZombie

First Post
Yeah, things like the VOC (dutch eastindies compagnie) and stuff like that. Only a bit more swashbuckling, chandelier-swinging, ladies in distress and a bit of ho-ho-ho and a bottle of rum.

Remove ads