What setting would you love to play in?

DrZombie

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Yeah, Post Apocalyptic game would be cool. What are the good sources for that kind of stuff? Or is it best done up in future homebrew of the current world?

The wasted west (deadlands : hell on earth) is a very cool setting, literally post-apocalypse, since the four horseman have visited the earth and the survivors are struggling to make sense of it all. Again a setting of which I own a lot but have never GM'ed it and only played it once :confused:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, a post-apoc D20 game based on the christian apocalypse. Kind of ironic if you think about it. Did all the D&D players get left behind? :heh:

DrZombie

First Post
So, we've got 4 future fans, and 3-4 pirate fans, two post-apocalyptics and two stone-age fans. Mmmh. I should have put up a poll.

Any other requests?

Bront

The man with the probe
Nonlethal Force said:
Yeah, Post Apocalyptic game would be cool. What are the good sources for that kind of stuff? Or is it best done up in future homebrew of the current world?
I've always loved Darwin's World.

I need to pickup D20 Apocolyps.

Azaar

Explorer
Not sure if you're still looking for thoughts... but I'm all for some Future action, either D20 Future and related (like Cyberspace, for example) or Star Wars. I'd considered trying to put together an attempt at DMing a Star Wars game, but I'm not yet feeling ready to make a real go at it (even though I have a homebrew campaign setting ready to go) -- not enough faith at trying to be a DM yet.

DrZombie

First Post
Seriously thinking of running a sci-fi game at the moment, probably traveller rules but a homebrew setting for the most part, with lots of swashbuckling and pirate talk :)

Question two :
- Humans are the only race (battlestar galactica, deathstalker series, elisabeth moon series, fisherman trilogy)

- Humans are the dominant race (or early contact), with the other races being mutated humans or humanoids (star trek for a large part)

- Humanity is one of a few sentient races (traveller, star trek for the other part)

- Humanity is one amongst many (star wars)

Dire Lemming

First Post
I've been thinking about how it could be cool to have something in the early nineteen-hundreds, technologically I mean. Like Fullmetal Alchemist or something even.

As for Sci-Fi, the two in the middle appeal to me most, maybe it's just cause I don't see much of that kind of thing aside from stuff like Aliens or Halo. If the other races weren't all trying to kill humans it could be interesting.

Also, Rhun, don't forget that humans still can't deal with diversity among their own species. :\

Remove ads