• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What should the default setting be for 4th edition?

What should the default setting be for 4th edition?

Reynard

Legend
Kae'Yoss said:
Warforged are exotic. Count the fantasy worlds with sentient mechanical beings as a major factor and you'll have a very low count.

You do realize that someone is going to come along and point out that Warforged are sentient magical -- not mechanical -- beings, right?

ssampier

First Post
Frukathka said:
Blackmoor was the original DnD setting. Why not bring it back for 4th Edition?

Which version? The original which was a set of small pamplets (one? two?), not really a "setting". The second was the Blackmoor as Mystara's back-history.

Lastly, we have the 3.5 version recently published. It rocks-on-toast, I'm using to supplement my Wilderlands game.

Alceste

First Post
DungeonMaester said:
>Personal favorites

1) Dark Sun :D
2) Fae Run :D
3) Ravenloft :D

>What should the new implied setting?
>Rifts! :D

Sorry for any typos in advance

---Rusty

Humm, my favorite settings are:

1) Ravenloft
2) Eberron
3) Dark sun

So naturally, I voted for the only one that was listed (Eberron).

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Liking a setting doens't have much to do with whether it's suited as a default setting. I like Eberron. (Not as much as I like my homebrew).

And I certainly think it would not make for a good default setting. A default setting should be like vanilla ice cream, you ADD stuff to it to get other flavors.

mmmmmm ice cream....... :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
having Eberron has the default setting would require quite a few subtractions for those DMs who want to run a more generic fantasy setting, i have to say. if it has to be anything (and i don't think it does), greyhawk would seem to require the least subtractions to get to the generic setting point. faerun a bit more, eberron more beyond that, dark sun way more beyond that. ;)

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
ssampier said:
Right. Warforged are not robots, they are sentient constructs. Regular golems are closer to robots than warforged are (not having a will of its own). They are probably closer to cyborgs, but they lack technology since they are magically created.

So . . . robots *aren't* sentient constructs?

Ever read Isaac Asimov? Philip K. Dick? Clifford Simak?

Ever seen Blade Runner? A.I.? The Matrix? Hell, even Star Trek: TNG?

It seems to me that Warforged are as much robots as any other fictional sentient robot.

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
Mokona said:
Wizards of the Coast has been unwilling to publish a Greyhawk Campaign Setting.

living.jpg

Remove ads