• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What system are you currently playing?

What system are you currently using?

• D&D 3.5

Votes: 278 77.9%
  • D&D 3.0

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • AD&D 2nd edition.

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • AD&D 1st edition.

• OD&D, Chainmail, or Basic D&D (Moldvay, or red-box)

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Castles and Crusades

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • Arcana Unearthed

Votes: 29 8.1%
  • Hackmaster

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • HARP

Votes: 14 3.9%
  • Rolemaster

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Grim Tales

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • HERO

Votes: 17 4.8%
  • GURPS

Votes: 24 6.7%
  • Palladium

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • D20 Modern

Votes: 53 14.8%
  • D20 Future / D20 Past (is it out yet?)

Votes: 33 9.2%
  • Conan D20

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Spycraft

• Call of Cthulhu D20

Votes: 24 6.7%
  • Star Wars D20

Votes: 28 7.8%
  • Star Wars (West End Games)

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Iron Kingdoms

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Shadowrun

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Mutants and Masterminds

Votes: 34 9.5%
  • 7th Sea

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Buffy

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • BESM

• Exalted

• F.U.D.G.E.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • RuneQuest

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Paranoia

• Wargame (Warhammer, Battletech, etc.)

• Vampire, the Masquerade

• White Wolf (Other)

Votes: 22 6.2%

the Jester

Legend
I run two games and play in two games; all of them are 3.5.

I also very occasionally play in a weird, homebrewed mix of 3e, 2e, 1e and other stuff. To be more accurate, so far I've played in it once, and I'd do it again if I were in the right place at the right time.

Breakdaddy

First Post
scourger said:
Edit regarding time management: I'm a married, working, 35-year-old professional. Gaming twice weekly is tough, especially DMing 1 of those nights.

Don't I know it! You must really push yourself to make time for 2 games! I am 31 and in a similar situation time-wise but only can seem to find time to game twice a month!

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
die_kluge said:
Wow, I want to know where some of you people find time to play in/GM so many different games.

My wife allows me every other week, and the occasional game day. But that's about it. Those of you playing 3+ games, are you in college, or high school? What gives?

Work during the weekdays, weekends off, do the night shift(not past 12), so pretty cool schedule for me...the only problem, it kinda kills the social life, on the female side...for dating, but the return rewards are, meeting great ladies roleplayers...they are a blast to watch :D.

I have been told, that I will need a gamer wife...for all the current activities I am in...;)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Player:

3.5 Homebrew world (two different games, set on same world, different continents)
3.5 Forgotten Realms (two different games, in different parts of Faerun)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
We game on alternating Friday nights and alternating Saturday nights. ie. Friday one week, Saturday the next, then Friday again, then Saturday again. Most of my friends have weekends off. But it does play hectic with my schedule as I work most weekends :mad: So I'm the one who's tired and worn out from that schedule. But I do manage. One of my DMs only gets ONE Saturday off a month and another alternates Saturdays. Right now, we're juggling, not only gaming, but running a convention Stellarcon as well.

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
die_kluge said:
Wow, I want to know where some of you people find time to play in/GM so many different games.

My wife allows me every other week, and the occasional game day. But that's about it. Those of you playing 3+ games, are you in college, or high school? What gives?

My group consists of my wife, my teen sons (well, one's adult now at 18) and our close friends. Gaming is what we do as a family.

kenobi65

First Post
die_kluge said:

I'm out in the "real world", working full time. The answer, in my case, is that most of these, I don't play very often.

I have three regular gaming groups, plus the folks I play RPGA stuff with.
- Two 3.5 groups meet about once a month (I DM for both of these). One group plays on Friday nights, the other on Sunday nights.
- The other group is my original group, which has become kind of geographically spread out as people have moved. We get together 4-5 times a year (sometimes for a couple of days at a time), and play several different games during those meetings.
- I go to a couple of big conventions a year (GenCon Indy, Winter Fantasy), and play a couple of different RPGA campaigns there. Also, I play RPGA stuff online, too, probably 2-3 games a month.

So, on the whole, I play 3-5 times a month, with three or four long weekends of serious gaming per year.

PS -- my other secret for playing often is that my wife is part of the first three groups I mentioned. So, she's more forgiving of my time playing than some wives might be. :)

kenobi65

First Post
I find it interesting, given how much positive buzz Castles & Crusades has gotten on these boards, that out of 300+ respondents to this poll, only 18 are actually playing C&C.

RFisher

Explorer
Hmm...don't see a classic Traveller option. I guess I'll vote for the game I'd probably be running if I wasn't running CT...

Hmm...no Lejendary Adventures either. I guess I'll vote for the game I'd probably be running if I wasn't running CT or LA...

Hmm...no CODA/LotR either. I guess I'll vote for the game I'd probably be running if I wasn't running CT, LA, or LotR...

OD&D/Basic it is!

Remove ads