• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What To Do with Player?

Thomas Percy

First Post
Mark CMG said:
How old is the player in question? Is it possible he simply doesn't understand what you meant or is too immature (in years) to really grasp the point?
He's 25 years old.
He know what he done, because he explained, good-aligned PCs are boring, unrealistic and not suitable for Real men.
Glyfair said:
You might, if it fits the flavor of your game, allow him to have a "redo" and skip the events if you feel it was just an aberration and the game would be better for it. Some groups feel strongly this should never happen, but it might be the best solution for getting past it if the discussion resolves any issues.
I'm considering "that ugly metagaming" redo version, because trial of his character ruins the careers of the rest (he knows they secrets and I'm sure he will tell it to the authorities in the act of revenge).

Do you (the question is for every Enworlder) have any experience with redo options in the game? Does it has any dark sides, beside it strains the suspension of disbelief?

Last edited:

Terwox

First Post
Kill the character, let the guy know that his character didn't fit the group and was evil and that you're looking to play a heroic game. If he's not interested in playing then that's cool, but if he is let him roll up someone new.

Eben

First Post
Let him play what he wants the way he wants. But play out all the consequences. Because that's what happens with real men!
What a joke!

Peter

wayne62682

First Post
Thomas Percy said:
He know what he done, because he explained, good-aligned PCs are boring, unrealistic and not suitable for Real men. ]

I retract my earlier statement. Get rid of the mook; anyone with this mindset will never change and will cause nothing but problems down the road. I could see if it was a valid reason to play an Evil PC but saying that good-aligned PCs are "boring, unrealistic and not suitable for real men" is about as pathetic an argument as you can give.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Thomas Percy said:
He's 25 years old.

So am I. I might be bragging now, but I think it has been close to two decades since I realized that "good" and "kill innocent in his sleep" don't go together. Maybe even three.

He know what he done, because he explained, good-aligned PCs are boring, unrealistic and not suitable for Real men.

Get rid of him at once.

I'm considering "that ugly metagaming" redo version, because trial of his character ruins the careers of the rest (he knows they secrets and I'm sure he will tell it to the authorities in the act of revenge).

Here's what I'd do:

1. If the DM agrees that the guy's out, he loses complete control over his character. They hand him over to the authorities, they won't listen to a word he has to say, and execute him.

2. All realize that this is in part a metagame problem, and metagame is in part used to solve:

They find out that their new party member is a villain, and they do what heroes usually do if they encounter a villain: Cut him down where he stands. The DM and (remaining) players all agree that there's nothing evil or anything about that, the guy is to be treated like any NPC (since the player's out, that character isn't a PC any more).

Do you (the question is for every Enworlder) have any experience with redo options in the game? Does it has any dark sides, beside it strains the suspension of disbelief?

Personally, we don't take things too seriously. Some things get handled unbureaucratically. The Matrix is changed, deja vu and all that, noone is bothered.

Aaron L

Hero
Thomas Percy said:
He's 25 years old.

I have to say; if you just met this guy and he isnt a close friend, and he has an attitude like this, dump him. Its not something I would normally ever suggest, but he sounds like an asshat. He obviously doesnt fit your gaming style (or mine, yeeeccchhhh) and would only cause problems if you kept him around. If you are very forgiving you could give him another chance, but since he already flat out lied about his character once, and you already said that he'd reveal the other character's secrets out of spite, I get the impression that you already know what kind of person he is. Just toss him before he causes any more grief for you and your friends.

Get rid of him and just forget the whole unfortunate scenario. Pretend it never happened and reset the game to before the events occured.

"Good aligned characters are boring, unrealistic, and not suitable for 'Real Men?'" My God man, kick his ass to the curb as fast as your foot can fly. Thats just so juvenile it boggles my mind.

Last edited:

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Thomas Percy said:
He's 25 years old.

He purposefully broke the agreed upon social contract.
Get rid of him.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Thomas Percy said:
good-aligned PCs are boring, unrealistic and not suitable for Real men.
Dear God. I somehow missed that oh-so-endearing quote, previously.

I have now officially changed my advice from "talk, argue if necessary" to "get rid of him".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads