• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E What will be your first 4E character?

tombowings

First Post
As it says, what will be your first 4E character? And, if your so inclined, why?

Personally, I'm looking forward to playing an Eladrin battlemage (warlord with a splash of wizard). I want to try out the multiclassing rules and play an archtype not readily available in 3.X.

However, odds are I will end up DMing (please, Nate, DM so I can play my battlemage).

Well, I will probably also DM 4E, but since everyone in our group "has to" wear the GM hat from time to time, that still means I will get to play a lot.

My first consideration is to play a Warlord. That looks like a character class I always wanted to have. After that, I think Fighter is still one my favorites, because I love butt-kicking. And in 4E, I can do it even with complexity! And then, all bets are off.

For races, I think I am interesting in trying out the "new" ones the most - Dragonborn and Eladrin the first ones...

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
I really like the look of the Tiefling and the stuff we've heard so far about the Warlord class. If I can wrap my schedule around so I can finally join a group, I'm gonna go with a Tiefling Warlord.

Luckily, with DDI, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to game with some of my old buddies and really get to play again!

I'm excited!

Scrollreader

Explorer
I'll totally be playing a tiefling lesbian stripper ninja/warlock with the new multiclassing rules. At least, until the drow rules come out.

>.>
<.<

Actually, to be serious about the question, I'll likely try playing a human ranger, unless something new leaps out and grabs me between here and then. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for archers, and was hugely dissapointed that the Book of Nine Swords left them out altogether. Count me in for archery awesome that doesn't require five classes and three splatbooks worth of class features to be half as cool as a warlock.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I will be DMing but if/when I get a chance to play, got a couple ideas.

1) Tiefling Rogue with Warlock Training (Star Pact) it will be fun to be a Rogue that uses its otherworldly benefactors to gain an advantage in performing its deadly deeds.

2) Dragonborn Warlord, a old-scoundrel of many fights. He is scarred and his scales are molding and flaking but when push comes to shove; he can still fit in his armour and swing his battle-axe.

3) Gnoll Fighter (if Gnoll is a MM PC Race) this Gnoll is a nasty piece of work, it likes to play with its hunt, bashing and scrapping it across the ground before finally finishing it off and enjoying a nice meal.

MaelStorm

First Post
I want to try a funny character at first, maybe a Halfling Rogue to get the hang of 4E.

After that I will go for the real sh*t and try an Eladrin Warlock with fey pack.

Alnag

First Post
I've used to play human rogue/bard with archery expertise and I want to see how this concept works in 4e. Although I thing this time I will build the character from ranger class with training in some rogue abilities. But it is hard to tell... It will be still human though.

Remove ads