What will you be doing with the new World of Darkness?

ayrwind

First Post
Aye, Swashbuckling Feline, some names of people to watch out for did pop into my head... :p

Now, IF ONLY MY FLGS CAN GET THE BOOKS FASTER!!!!!

I'm still waiting for my books to arrive, both WoD and VtR books along with GURPS set and Paranoia XP. I'd be in gamer nirvana in 2 days time, I hope, barring more unfortunately shipping incidences.

I think I would try running a VtR game in my local city, here in sunny Singapore. City of the Damned: Singapore or something like that. This would be my first WoD game as well...

And yes, this would also explain why I havent gotten my books yet. Living halfway across the globe does not help.

Telperion

First Post
Earlier this year I was really hyped up about the new World of Darkness and Vampire: the Requim. Then about a month ago it all just...I don't know...blew away.

The stuff they were releasing at worldofdarkness.com just didn't hold any real interest to me anymore, and then I got a hold of Complete Warrior. After that I haven't looked back...

Anyway, I have a chronicle idea running in the back of my head that I should put on paper: religious war in Helsinki, Finland. Vampire: the Requim style :cool: .

Anyway, I'll probably pick up the NWoD corebooks and see about putting together a minicampaign sometime next year. I have my hands full of D&D right now, so no time for WoD.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Acid_crash said:
this is the first time that we have a system that creates fully fleshed mortals.
Woot! This alone may make me pick this up, then. That's what I've been looking for in WOD, and why I've shied away from it for a long time.

I'm on the fence. I would love to get them, but I'm in a V:tM chronicle right now and running my own D&D campaign. The chronicle doesn't look like it's going to end any time soon, and my D&D campaign just started, so I don't really have the desire to start working on one. No one I know has expressed any interest in picking it up, and finally, the missus would just kill me if I added another game night on the schedule. Dag.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
Acid_crash said:
I just have the main World of Darkness rulebook and plan on getting Vampire: Requiem when I get the $$$, but after skimming the Vampire book at my LGS, I gotta say that it's one of the sweetest looking books I've ever seen. Full color to boot, the book looks awesome.

After reading the introduction of WoD and storytelling (chapter 8), I think that I could really use this book for a good ole-fashion Dark*Matteresque type game, which we could never do with the old storyteller games because, for me, this is the first time that we have a system that creates fully fleshed mortals. All I would need for psionics is a modified Aeon system to fit with the new WoD system and I think I would be good to go.

Now all I need is to find a Dark*Matter book. :)

I'm also going to pick up the new edition of Call of Cthulu to help me with getting to know how to run a modern day horror game.

I guess I've played fantasy and d20 way too much over the last four years.

On the exalted front, I think it would be cool if they would someday come out with a modern version of the game.
Dungeon 108 did a Dark*Matter mini-campaign. It's rules lite, for one of their mini-games: 2 feats, 2 advanced classes, and 4 prestige classes, and about 20 pages of setting material (ie fluff). Great stuff, but only pick it up if you can't find the original book. The original is better.

Thanee

First Post
Geez, there's another version of that game out?

I have the two versions of V:tM before that. Are there big changes involved?

Bye
Thanee

Nightchilde-2

First Post
I'm a well-known and admitted WoD fanboy.

But the new incarnation surpassed even my expectations. Dear God, but this is a beautiful game. Okay, enough gushing.

I'm starting a campaign online on Sept 3rd. (Shameless plug) Still looking for another player or two, so if anyone's interested, drop me a line at nightchilde@nightchilde.net.

The Chronicle's going to have everyone start out as a normal mortal and go from there. If someone eventually wants to play a supernatural type, we'll work it into the story.

Remove ads