• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what's a good magical weapon for a lower level ranger

irdeggman

First Post
Yes, the question is are you playig 3.5 or 3.0? Ranger path matters.

Regardless a bane weapon might be very appropriate.

If you are looking at elemental damage then it appears it is a +2 enhancment type - I think.

Suggestions {all based on 3.5}.

Returning enhancement on your hand axe. (+1 enhancement prereq for weapon another +1 for returning property)

Bane (appropriate enemy) on primary weapon. (+1 enhancement prereq for weapon, +1 for bane) {make the weapon a +3 against selected creature}

Flaming, icy or shock are all +1 enhancments.

Seeking to the bow (+1 enhancment) {negates concealment}

Start with a composite bow of the appropriate strength rating and then add an enhancment. {They stack since the strength bonus is from strength and not really a bonus type}

Wraith Form

Explorer
iblis said:
IMHO? None at all. Masterwork at best for 3rd's. Screw the lot of them. :p
Mmmmm, like that one!

iblis said:
Otherwise, apart from some ancient-memory-ish thing that makes me want to suggest a bastard sword of some kind...
The rat-bastard DM sword? Yeah, that one is pretty cool...! :)

well, since he is a ranger, how about something wilderness related? A +1 weapon that magically points out the nearest source of potable water, or has an extra bonus against plant monsters... something along those lines. With the massive amount of 3E material out there, I'd bet you could find something in a book somewhere, if you don't want to make up something yourself...

Draven

First Post
we are in a 2nd edition game and i am the dm so i want to find something balanced without giving away what we may be fighting

irdeggman

First Post
Draven said:
we are in a 2nd edition game and i am the dm so i want to find something balanced without giving away what we may be fighting

Hmmm I see. Since this is a d20 site everyone assumed you were playing by either the 3.0 or 3.5 rules.

I don't have my 2nd ed books within easy access to provide a better set of options - sorry.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads