What's new in music?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Literally just last night, I found out about a “supergroup” called Piroshka that released an album in July 2021. It’s now on my shopping list.

Members:
Miki Birenyi (ex-Lush: Vox & guitar)
KJ “Moose” McKillop (ex-Moose: guitar & keyboards)
Mick Conroy (ex-Modern English: bass)
Justin Welch (ex-Elastica/Suede: drums)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
After the passing of Wayne Static, Static X was dormant for quite a while. They finally found a replacement, and are releasing new music:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A few years ago, Doctor John teamed up with The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach to produce a killer album, Locked Down. Dan apparently hand picked the other musicians on board. Here’s the title track:

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Cyril Neville is, IMHO, the best musician in his family. Here’s a song he released 8 or so years ago from a damn good album.

I remember seeing Har Mar Superstar at a festival years ago, for a guy I didn't know he put on an amazing show.
So years later I looked him up to see what he'd been doing. Now most of his early work seemed to have a jokey / novelty song element, but I came across some new material which seemed to have moved away from that...

opacitizen

Explorer
@Dannyalcatraz Now that's a bit of a flood, isn't it? :D It would've been easier to post a public playlist of all these songs with a write-up about what's what.

@Eyes of Nine Amazon's The Rings of Power (2022) is rather divisive, but I haven't yet seen anyone disliking its music. (I'm not saying there are no people disliking it, I just haven't seen them voice their opinion yet.) Give it a shot. Here's an orc chorus, for example.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
@Dannyalcatraz Now that's a bit of a flood, isn't it? :D It would've been easier to post a public playlist of all these songs with a write-up about what's what.
I’m a bit of a music nut.🤪 Most of what I’ve posted is either already in my collection or on my current shopping list. I could have posted my shopping list, but too much of it falls outside of the OP’s parameters.🤣

But I’m also a bit of a luddite. Back in the day, I’d send mix tapes to friends and family. But I’ve never used the playlist function on YouTube. Hell- there are pets with bigger internet footprints than I have!

Last edited:

I recently came across Matt Berry on an episode of 'What's in my bag' where famous people pick out a bunch of records on youtube.
He mentioned the band 'Tennis' and I've been hooked on them ever since...

Remove ads