D&D (2024) What's your favorites new subclass?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Talk about your unarmored defense!
un amore defensiva!

yeah I like the Dancing Bard too and while it needs work at higher levels I'm happy that the Brawler has taken a non-magical route to trying to get the Fighter to be a better combatant. For the same reason I'm not overly enamored with the Tree Viking though it is certainly a stronger class overall

I like all the themes just fine. But they can all use some tinkering to make sure they properly represent the theme, and actually get unique abilities that expand them beyond the base class, and are balanced with other subclasses. Brawler, I'm looking at you. You need something truly unique that makes you an option for grappling that compares to just getting bigger as a Rune Knight.

Scribe

Legend
I love the World Tree Barbarian, though there are a few things I’d want tweaked for it.

This one, I just dont like it. It just seems like something that in my head, looks really silly and weird, in a not good way.

BatteringRoots.JPG

Scribe

Legend
It sounds like you're fighting like Groot. Roots and vines sprout to reach out an batter your enemies. Is that too-planty for a World Tree barbarian? Does the Element-bending monk using elements to attack with reach also make no sense?
Elements bending or Plant like Groot would be OK.

It's the concept/visual of adding 10 feet, and making my Barbarian no longer swinging a righteous axe, but becoming a vine monster.

Irrational on my part probably but I'll be pushing against it in the survey.

Just add topple/push to the weapon you are using and I'd be ok.

Remove ads